View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 02:16 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I have been working away at my car, I didn’t want to share till I had a better feel for what’s up. I have been chasing a noise I don’t like. It sounds like a rocker. I have talked to Comp Cams tech support, and the engine builder. (Both were helpful) I am still working through all the potentials to get to the bottom of this.

I stayed with the PSMCDR compliant non roller rockers, I hate the whole concept of these metal on metal archechic crap but I digress.
All 16 push rods spin at idle.
All rocker bolts were tight.
There are no signs of debris, under each valve cover is spotless.
The entire valve train is Comp Cams.
I did cold starts with one valve cover off (passenger one day, drivers the next day) made a mess but saw what I would consider proper oil flow after a normal short delay.
There seems to be 0.100” of lifter preload. (My measurements are ok but I am kind of getting a feel for this....) CC says 0.050” to 0.060” is the minimum... I didn’t ask yet what the max is....
A few push rods are close to the side of the hole as they pass through the head. CC wasn’t concerned he said the Chrome moly pushrods I used are fine even if it does touch the side..... this kind of put his advice in question to me but I listened.

More pictures and videos to share but need some shut eye.

Again I didn’t want to share but have had so much support over the years I figured what the heck. For some reason I had a feeling the boutique 25K engine build would be resuggested, (my insecurities took over)

Ryan W31

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31