Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2010, 03:51 PM

Thanked 5,379 Times in 1,886 Posts
Default Marc's (67belair427) 62 Belair 409!

After searching for a couple of years for a nice 62 Bubbletop 409 , I finally gave up and bought a 65 Corvette coupe. The year was 1997, and after a year of enjoying the Corvette I spotted an on-line ad for an Ermine white 62 Belair Sport Coupe in Salt Lake City. After some third party inspections and conversation the owner and I agreed to an even trade.I finally had the "four speed dual quad positraction 409" that I had wanted from the beginning.

The car is an original 1637 V8 car, and features heater and radio delete, with no power steering or brakes. Even the optional drivers side mirror is absent. If it didn't get the car down the quarter mile quicker it wasn't ordered. A 4:56 posi rear end has made a set of M+H Cheater slicks the next day two addition to the Jardine Headers now on the car.

The car is a great contrast to any modern vehicle that does everything for the driver. This one demands your complete attention once you turn the key. And when you have it pointed in the right direction it only does one thing for you. It puts a big smile on your face. As the song says, "she's real fine..."

Marc

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...