Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Fred Gibb Chevrolet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2012, 04:28 PM

Default Fred Gibb Paper work

I see the thread was close before I could state what I know.
Because I was there.

1-13-90 was on a sunday. I remember the day very well, it was the day I met Fred & Helen Gibb. I stopped at Fred & Helen's house, Helen invited me in and we talked around 2 hours.
The reason I stopped was because I thought I had found a gibb nova. Fred tolded me he no longer had the VIN# to the Nova's he gave them to BP.
William I noticed you said "A certian individual wisley saw a business opportunity" I think you should have stated BP & the other guy were partners in chasing these cars down. Maybe one got screwed. I won't go it to that.
You stated BP is not a profiteer, intersting. I sold BP a Gibb nova for 2,000.00 because I quote "I don't have one and you own two" Bill told me he wanted to keep and restore the car. Two months later Ray Morrison calls me and tells me there is a Gibb nova in Hemming Motor news for sale. Want guess who's phone # is in Hemmings ---------BP. Price was 16,000.00 14,000.00 profit, no profiteering here. I then buy my 70 Gibb Race car from Bill on 4-16-94. Bill had the car 18 months before selling it to me.
I wonder how he found that car ??? Do you think it might be from Fred Gibbs paperwork ? Do you see a pattern here.
When BP bought the car 6 miles away from my father-in-laws house it was a running driving race car 468 motor ,nice paint ran around 6.90s in the 1/8 mile. When I bought the car there was NO motor,trans,seats,interior,wheels,headers, crossmember,driveshaft & back & front windsheild were gone! Wow. I think he paid around 5,000.00 for the car ,I gave 10,000.00 for the striped shell. No profiteering here.
Now the 1969 ZL-1 #1 car,that car was FOUND by the Gibb paper work period. The car was owned by Jim Cooper from Des Moines, Ia. Foot note I have lived most of my 61 years 60 miles away from Des Moines. The car was raced at Eddyville Raceway which I have been going to this track 46 years. The strip is 14 miles from my house. I watched that car race there sereral times.
Sure wished I had Fred's paper work back then.
Bill buys The #1 ZL-1 with I quote "A boot full 100.00 bills ,sounds like a lot huh. 3200.00 was the price I always heard was paid for the car & how much did he sell it for?? 1,000,000+ is what I have heard. Again NO profiteering here. Give me a break.