Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2019, 04:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Muscle Car History

Hey all,
Sharing what I think is a pretty cool opportunity. My daughter is a Junior at a college in Pa majoring in digital communications and is doing a full video documentary for her major project. She had decided to do her project on my restoration of my 69 Nova L78 and the passion and reasons behind why. After presenting the idea to her professor he loved the idea but felt she could also take the opportunity to do a bigger project as well, so she is doing a documentary on not just my car but the muscle car era, the stories it created then and the hobbyist and enthusiast family is has created 50 years later. He loved the idea of getting the different social stories as well such as the real but sometimes stereotypical but varied stories of young men saving money to buy their first new car just to get drafted etc. (Literally my cars story)

In the next week or two, her and I are road tripping it to go interview the original owner and his family and document on video their memories of the car, go through old pics and discuss those times. We are then going to interview a few guys who have and do still perform restorations (Including mine) and their memories both then and now.

My question for you all is with the opportunity to document these stories…What questions get asked? What angles could she go with this? What really needs to be documented or talked about and preserved with this opportunity? One idea is we get the stuff regarding my car but possibly have guys and girls, both young and old, with their own stories do self video interviews of themselves regarding their cars, memories and stories and it becomes part of a bigger video journal so to speak.

Lol…We all ain’t getting any younger and the chance to preserve this stuff intrigues her.

Thoughts?

Ed

1969 Nova L-78, Rally Green 37,000 mile car
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Qtown Ed For This Useful Post:
72heavychevy (11-06-2019), flyingn (11-02-2019), HawkX66 (11-04-2019), markinnaples (11-01-2019), PeteLeathersac (11-01-2019), ruralrte66 (11-01-2019), Tenney (11-02-2019), YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (11-04-2019)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...