Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 04:15 AM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Now that we have a dedicated thread, you made this statement 2 days ago. This would be a good place for you to explain your rational.
Hi Lee

Simple. I am a member of this forum and as such I am entitled to post and contribute to the forum.

SO in 58 days or so when this whole thing fizzles out, the economy of the country is ruined in the process, jobs and careers are lost we can all reflect on the commentary shared right here.

That is the purpose of this forum is it not?

Well did I pass?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
John (03-19-2020), markinnaples (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 04:25 AM

Thanked 136,502 Times in 22,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 copo View Post
Hi Lee

Simple. I am a member of this forum and as such I am entitled to post and contribute to the forum.

SO in 58 days or so when this whole thing fizzles out, the economy of the country is ruined in the process, jobs and careers are lost we can all reflect on the commentary shared right here.

That is the purpose of this forum is it not?

Well did I pass?
IMO - no you failed . . . to explain how a pandemic like CV-19 will be gone in now less than 60 days. This has NEVER happened in the past before. We have no antivirals and no vaccine. Without them we can't beat a pandemic and they are talking about 6 months to a year before we see them. We are straining our systems just to have people tested. The number of deaths continues to climb each day.

Sure - you can say whatever you want. But I strongly doubt anyone here will agree with your thinking. I certainly don't.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
IMO - no you failed . . . to explain how a pandemic like CV-19 will be gone in now less than 60 days. This has NEVER happened in the past before. We have no antivirals and no vaccine. Without them we can't beat a pandemic and they are talking about 6 months to a year before we see them. We are straining our systems just to have people tested. The number of deaths continues to climb each day.

Sure - you can say whatever you want. But I strongly doubt anyone here will agree with your thinking. I certainly don't.
Alright Lee,

I simply posted a factual report form the CDC here. You proceeded to snap shot a post I made in the previous thread on this topic and you called me out.

I answered your question Now you simply troll me and move the goal posts.

Ok Lee, you already apologized in the last thread for fear mongering. I could screen shot and post your apology and sudden exit from the previous thread on this topic but I will not.

So you need even more clarification.

Part#1

Why do I think the pandemic will be gone in 60 days? Simple. If you believe the Chinese, they have already returned to full production after the outbreak there and 60 days ago the country was literally on fire with the illness.

If they can do it why in the world would anyone think North America cannot?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
69LM1 (03-22-2020), markinnaples (03-19-2020)
Old 03-20-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Alright Lee,

I simply posted a factual report form the CDC here. You proceeded to snap shot a post I made in the previous thread on this topic and you called me out.

I answered your question Now you simply troll me and move the goal posts.

Ok Lee, you already apologized in the last thread for fear mongering. I could screen shot and post your apology and sudden exit from the previous thread on this topic but I will not.

So you need even more clarification.

Part#1

Why do I think the pandemic will be gone in 60 days? Simple. If you believe the Chinese, they have already returned to full production after the outbreak there and 60 days ago the country was literally on fire with the illness.

If they can do it why in the world would anyone think North America cannot?
I don’t think Lee is fear mongering. Hell, just turn your television on. There’s plenty of that on there. I think Lee is stating facts. Everything that you have stated about the subject, if you read the second or third sentence, you contradict yourself from what you stated in the first sentence.

Pandemic gone in 60 days? Really?? I believe common sense would tell you it’s not going to be over in 60 days. Kudos though for wishful thinking.

If the Chinese have returned to full production after the outbreak why can’t North America? Well, ummm, has the Chinese returned to full production? If we believe what China says, that’s our first mistake, but as to why (if the Chinese have returned to full production as you say) North America will not?? Lack of common sense, that’s why. North America is stalling on total lockdowns across the States and I don’t see the US spraying everything down with bleach as we have seen China do. Actually, all I see is people running around like it’s a normal day, accept for school closings, other closings, oh and the toilet paper shortage. I don’t see a a lot of social distancing going on, but we’ll get there eventually. A little later than most countries, but trust me, we’ll get there after more lives are lost.

Lastly, it appears that you are claiming to state facts that nobody in this whole world seems to know BUT YOU and the fact that you want to argue with people that are clearly stating facts as we know them, as to what we’re being told, is ridiculous. Yes, sincerely much thanks to Lee for doing exactly that.

This world is not getting any better any time soon. It’s time we stand up and work together instead of against each other. I’m afraid that this coronavirus is going to be a huge wake up call to people just like you and others. Unfortunately, a much needed one.

AND one thing that I have learned in my lifetime, “There are those that appear to be much more intelligent when they say nothing at all 70copo!”

Many prayers to you and everyone else during this time. Stay safe!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tabu For This Useful Post:
Lee Stewart (03-20-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabu View Post
I don’t think Lee is fear mongering. Hell, just turn your television on. There’s plenty of that on there. I think Lee is stating facts. Everything that you have stated about the subject, if you read the second or third sentence, you contradict yourself from what you stated in the first sentence.

Pandemic gone in 60 days? Really?? I believe common sense would tell you it’s not going to be over in 60 days. Kudos though for wishful thinking.

If the Chinese have returned to full production after the outbreak why can’t North America? Well, ummm, has the Chinese returned to full production? If we believe what China says, that’s our first mistake, but as to why (if the Chinese have returned to full production as you say) North America will not?? Lack of common sense, that’s why. North America is stalling on total lockdowns across the States and I don’t see the US spraying everything down with bleach as we have seen China do. Actually, all I see is people running around like it’s a normal day, accept for school closings, other closings, oh and the toilet paper shortage. I don’t see a a lot of social distancing going on, but we’ll get there eventually. A little later than most countries, but trust me, we’ll get there after more lives are lost.

Lastly, it appears that you are claiming to state facts that nobody in this whole world seems to know BUT YOU and the fact that you want to argue with people that are clearly stating facts as we know them, as to what we’re being told, is ridiculous. Yes, sincerely much thanks to Lee for doing exactly that.

This world is not getting any better any time soon. It’s time we stand up and work together instead of against each other. I’m afraid that this coronavirus is going to be a huge wake up call to people just like you and others. Unfortunately, a much needed one.

AND one thing that I have learned in my lifetime, “There are those that appear to be much more intelligent when they say nothing at all 70copo!”

Many prayers to you and everyone else during this time. Stay safe!!
Tabu, Please read this. Read it carefully I want you to understand it.

Please pick Anything I have said on this topic in either thread and tell me why in the world I am not aloud to participate in the forum? Is that not what you are saying? Sure Looks like it to me.

Your statement pertaining to me as follows "Lastly, it appears that you are claiming to state facts that nobody in this whole world seems to know BUT YOU and the fact that you want to argue with people that are clearly stating facts as we know them, as to what we’re being told, is ridiculous" could be spoken about and applied to any of the participants who have participated in any way as everyone has an opinion, some more informed than others.

On to specifics: So Tabu:

When and where did I say the Pandemic would be gone? I never said that.

You need not say Lee was Fear mongering either as Lee made that admission all by himself at post 224 in the old thread and already apologized for it so the matter is a material fact.

Now back to your main point. "Pandemic gone in 60 days? Really??" that appears to be your summation of my previous assertion that This thing will "blow over" (those are my specific words) To me means people go back to work, church, and restaurants and life.

That does not mean the virus is gone. Saying it will be gone is silly. Hopefully we will have learned to manage it as a society by then and we can get our economy back as well at that time and most importantly understand the true lethality which will help quell the main driver of the fear and panic we are now experiencing.

What irritates me to no end however is the re posting over and over of material from external sources which serve little purpose to the topic and just expands the already stretched fear envelope and encourages people to debate and often disagree. I believe Steve told people to stop posting that kind of material here in this thread at post #23.

In conclusion I do believe your "dredge up" of parts of my previous participation may actually be an attempt to solicit a reply from me that will be then attempted to be portrayed in other replies by other participants here-as "petty and argumentative" in other words a platform to "stir the pot" and cause additional personal attacks to occur.

I hope I am wrong.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,324 Times in 1,371 Posts

Well my daughter, son- in law are teachers and have been home with the kids for the last week. The whole family is sick, and the girls were horsing around and the middle child bumped her chin and really cut her tongue.
My granddaughter knows I'm a softy, so this morning I stopped a picked up two dozen ice pops and three large yogurt containers, and dropped it off like I was at a drive through window. They opened their front window and handed them the supplies. I'm the hero in their eyes.... like all grand parents��

Everyone is feeling different levels of anxiety. Do what you can to turn that into something useful. Many restaurants are sending food to hospital staff, several beer and moonshine distilleries are converting to producing sanitizing chemicals, give blood. We all need to be compliant with federal and state mandates so we can eradicate this virus in the most effective and efficient way possible.

Just like in forecasting storms there are many models and we won't know which is correct until we look back.

Keep yourself busy, productive and helping others always works for me. Watching the endless # of pundit on TV is somewhat counterproductive. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but let's not beat a dead horse... no one has a crystal ball. But most here own muscle cars, start wrenching, driving them. For me it's a great stress reliever.

Pic 1 youngest upset because no yogurt
Pic 2 Pop to the rescue handing supplies through the window
Pic 3 Life is wonderful and her tongue feels great
Pic 4 Happy to have yogurt

Wish life was that simple.... maybe there's a lesson to be learned
Attached Images

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com

Last edited by Steve Shauger; 03-21-2020 at 03:58 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
70 copo (03-21-2020), bashton (03-21-2020), camarojoe (03-21-2020), MosportGreen66 (03-21-2020), scuncio (03-21-2020), Woj (03-21-2020), Xplantdad (03-21-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 01:25 AM

Thanked 136,502 Times in 22,779 Posts

Quote:
Now back to your main point. "Pandemic gone in 60 days? Really??" that appears to be your summation of my previous assertion that This thing will "blow over" (those are my specific words) To me means people go back to work, church, and restaurants and life.

That does not mean the virus is gone. Saying it will be gone is silly. Hopefully we will have learned to manage it as a society by then and we can get our economy back as well at that time and most importantly understand the true lethality which will help quell the main driver of the fear and panic we are now experiencing.
Please explain to us to 70 copo how we are supposed to do the things you say we should be able to do: "people go back to work, church, and restaurants and life." without having antivirals or a vaccine? How can we possibly test the entire population of adults in the USA? Because that is the only way to do what you say could come true.

We separate those that test positive (self quarantine) and those that test negative (free to continue their lives). Of course those that test positive now put a massive strain on society. They either get well at home or they wind up in the hospital and the hospitals are a combination of positive and negative tested people. We could start the whole thing all over again.

This is what I really wanted to avoid . . . . . speculation. You really can't argue with proven facts. But it's so easy to get into an argument when the subject is speculation.

I have been posting articles and graphs which I hope are educating people as to the severity of the CV19 pandemic. Of course some of those articles will use sensationalism - I have no control over that. But I feel the members here are savvy enough to separate the facts from the sensationalistic use of words like "lockdown" instead of "self quarantine."

If anyone thinks I am overstepping the bounds set up by Steve, then tell him and HE will PM me and tell me to stop.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Please explain to us to 70 copo how we are supposed to do the things you say we should be able to do: "people go back to work, church, and restaurants and life." without having antivirals or a vaccine? How can we possibly test the entire population of adults in the USA? Because that is the only way to do what you say could come true.

We separate those that test positive (self quarantine) and those that test negative (free to continue their lives). Of course those that test positive now put a massive strain on society. They either get well at home or they wind up in the hospital and the hospitals are a combination of positive and negative tested people. We could start the whole thing all over again.

This is what I really wanted to avoid . . . . . speculation. You really can't argue with proven facts. But it's so easy to get into an argument when the subject is speculation.

I have been posting articles and graphs which I hope are educating people as to the severity of the CV19 pandemic. Of course some of those articles will use sensationalism - I have no control over that. But I feel the members here are savvy enough to separate the facts from the sensationalistic use of words like "lockdown" instead of "self quarantine."

If anyone thinks I am overstepping the bounds set up by Steve, then tell him and HE will PM me and tell me to stop.

Lee,

I do not want to continue this.

In less than 2 months however we will better know how this whole emergency resolves. Let’s agree to disagree and move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
Lee Stewart (03-21-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Tabu, Please read this. Read it carefully I want you to understand it.

Please pick Anything I have said on this topic in either thread and tell me why in the world I am not aloud to participate in the forum? Is that not what you are saying? Sure Looks like it to me.

Your statement pertaining to me as follows "Lastly, it appears that you are claiming to state facts that nobody in this whole world seems to know BUT YOU and the fact that you want to argue with people that are clearly stating facts as we know them, as to what we’re being told, is ridiculous" could be spoken about and applied to any of the participants who have participated in any way as everyone has an opinion, some more informed than others.

On to specifics: So Tabu:

When and where did I say the Pandemic would be gone? I never said that.

You need not say Lee was Fear mongering either as Lee made that admission all by himself at post 224 in the old thread and already apologized for it so the matter is a material fact.

What irritates me to no end however is the re posting over and over of material from external sources which serve little purpose to the topic and just expands the already stretched fear envelope and encourages people to debate and often disagree. I believe Steve told people to stop posting that kind of material here in this thread at post #23.

In conclusion I do believe your "dredge up" of parts of my previous participation may actually be an attempt to solicit a reply from me that will be then attempted to be portrayed in other replies by other participants here-as "petty and argumentative" in other words a platform to "stir the pot" and cause additional personal attacks to occur.

I hope I am wrong.
My apologies. I responded earlier and when I sent it through, it kicked me out for some reason, hence the new user name instead of Tabu.

70copo, I read your response carefully, but still do not fully understand.

I never once stated that you were not allowed to participate in this forum. I don’t have that right, nor would I ever tell anybody that they are or are not allowed to do anything on this forum. I believe that would be up to the administrators and moderators. Not me. Once again it seems you’re are confused on your information.

Me stating “Lastly, it appears that you are claiming to state facts that nobody in this whole world seems to know but you and the fact that you want to argue with people that are clearly stating facts as we know them, as to what we’re being told” you stated that this could be spoken about and applied to any of the participants that have participated in any way as everyone has an opinion, some more informed than others. I totally agree that everyone has their opinion, as everyone should. What I don’t agree with is there are some on here more informed than others. I personally don’t think anybody on here is more informed with the information that we’ve been given. Nobody knows what is really going on at this point. At least nobody on this forum. Myself included.

I never specifically even said Lee was fear mongering. Even if he is, that his business and rightfully so. I’m aware by your post that he apologized and your willingness to send a
snap shot of it for people to view. I mean seriously, with everything going on, does anybody think that is important at this point that you show others an apology of another forum member who by my thoughts was probably not even warranted. If he did apologize, that says a lot about his character. Not important enough for everybody else to view the apology unless of course that makes you feel better for some reason.

Panademic gone in 60 days, you claim that appears to be my summation of your previous assertion, but you say now ‘blow over”. Saying it will be gone would be silly? Agreed. It won’t be gone in 60 days, nor will it be blown over. We have the stock market, businesses, jobs, etc., and people losing their life or the life/life’s of loved ones. What’s going to be blown over with all of that within 60 days? I’m not arguing. There’s nothing wrong with being hopeful but we all have to face reality sooner or later. But as far as my summation of your words, two words that don’t come to mind is concise and precise. Sorry, just my opinion, which don’t really matter.

People have every reason to be in fear and panic. Once again we’re talking about life’s and maybe even world change, which we’re currently experiencing somewhat to a degree already, at least more than most of us have ever seen in our lifetime.

I truly am sorry that you’re irritated to no end over the reposting of material from external sources. Some people really enjoy yenko.net and maybe they feel more comfortable coming to yenko.net to discuss it with friends and or acquaintances. Honestly if you’re that irritated you should stop coming on here reading it. If I go somewhere and don’t like what’s being posted, i tend to move on.

What should be irritating is someone posting that a UV light can kill the virus in 2 seconds. Can you imagine somebody reading that that was suffering with this virus or one of their loved ones and ran out to buy a UV light? False hope sucks.. Somebody came in and asked you if that was true and you came back and said it was a myth. When you published that statement, I didn’t see you ask it as a true or false question. How can anybody take you seriously? If you wanted to help, why didn’t you explain in detail what a sauna could do for a virus? Something useful. If you want to talk alternative medicine or TABU medicine, we can talk all night.

I’m not trying to stir any pot on this forum. And I don't think I’m being petty. I just don't like bullying. I just don't like people stating facts as a fact that they have no way of knowing. Opinions are different. I do like people stating what we know and the majority of that comes from the news unfortunatley and I personally don't believe 98% of the news, but right now that’s all we got and the dedication of somebody who is kind enough to come on this forum and post it for us. He’s not doing it to hurt anybody, I can assure you. I know numerous people that truly enjoy Lee’s tidbits and facts that he’s been posting for a long time and I think there’s nothing wrong with trying to keep all the same people informed of something so serious.

Trust me, I’m not trying to dredge anything up on you. The whole point is we need to stand together, not against each other. When and if a lockdown comes, people will have a lot of time to sit and reflect on this and many more things. Just a wake up call. Some people will learn and some already know. Also there are some that just can’t face the reality of it all.

I’m not stirring the pot, in fact I’m actually trying to do the opposite. Hopefully you will realize we’re on the same team. If not, you totally missed the boat. I truly wish the best for you and your family as I do everyone. If this causes people to cause personal attacks on me, I can handle it. I’m prepared for a lot worse than that. In fact there’s way more important things for you and I both to be worried about. If I have at any point caused someone to make any kind of personal attack on you, I apologize and you can screen shot that too.

And seriously, just read Steve’s post. Much more important or serious than anything you or I have to say at this point. Prayers to you and your family Steve. Sorry for you having to go through all this with your family.

And who knows 70copo, we could very possibly be best friends one day. I truly am not trying to cause any trouble for you and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You have your opinion and I have mine. Yours may not be right or wrong, and the same goes for me.
Closed Thread