Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-17-2003, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Possible Yenko SOLD on e-bay.....

From what I was told about TrimTags.com, you have to show some type of proof before they will make a tag. You can't just call and tell them you want a trim tag that has whatever info you want on it.
James
Old 11-17-2003, 03:56 AM
Banned

I had restored a 69 L89 corvette with a rusted windshield frame and the vin tag was badly rusted (all #'s were still there) and had a new vin tag made at my customer's request. And the company I used to do it for me made every effort to verify the validity(SP?) of my request. First I needed a pencil tracing of the vin, second current copy of title and a written letter stating why I needed it signed by a notary public. After all that the vin was sent and was flawless.

Rich.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:39 AM

Actually I think once the dust settles we will find out that indeed this was the only RA V Camaro Yenko ever built...and
Jim Wangers rode in it to get lunch for Bill Knafel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dang you Belair62........ You just made me fall out of my chair laughing my ass off.... This is getting better than a soap.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img]
73 Pantera
69 Vette B/P SCCA
Old 11-17-2003, 05:58 AM

WOW, , , I leave this site for a day and a 6 page post pops up. Sorry I missed the beginnings, but the truth of the matter is . . . Never say Never, when it comes to finding something rare and special. My Dick Arons Camaro is a great find and I bet more are out there like it and this Yenko, as long as the VIN is correct when Clint gets out there.

Also, don't kid yourself, starting with and $8800 (plus shipping) Yenko, even in a clapped out, rusted bucket, from a junkyard, is WELL worth it. Finding a suited '69 CE 427 engine, BE rear, trans, etc. is easy with say $15,000. Then complete body panels and interior kit, etc. another $10,000. You will be less than $35K in a Yenko and well on your way to a nice restoration. Most restored cars are using new NOS parts anyway. I hope Brian gets a nice finders fee, Clint certainly has a lot of cash to spare with what he has (at least in the value of his purchase), if it turns out to be real, which I guess it probably will be.

Hey, Brian Henderson, can you call me at 770-592-6261 . . . Are you still going to the Vette Fest ?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I was told about TrimTags.com, you have to show some type of proof before they will make a tag. You can't just call and tell them you want a trim tag that has whatever info you want on it.
James

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out their site... They advertise you can add or remove options and change color and such!! If they will do that why would they ask you for proof of the old one? www.trimtags.com/faq.html Look for the question "How do I know if I need a TRIM TAG?"

Old 11-17-2003, 02:16 PM

They will change color or interior color or trim such as standard/deluxe, but they want proof as they wont make a Lemans into a GTO, or an X44 standard Camaro into an X33 or X77 Z-28, etc, etc,. The concept they have is to allow an owner to replace a lost or damaged tag, or to change exterior or interior color. They wont make a plain jane into a musclecar if that is something that can be designated by the trim tag. I am not a big fan of what they are doing but from what I have read on other sites they are trying to not allow model fraud.
Thanks,
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
P.S. I copied the following from their web site under "About Us";
Note: We don't have a problem changing paint codes, trim codes, convertible/vinyl top color codes, or option codes. We will not change "STYLE" numbers (i.e. convert Tempests into GTO's, Cutlass' into 442's, six cylinder cars into eight cylinder cars).

Old 11-17-2003, 02:20 PM

Great find Congratulations [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img] to the new owner and a member of Yenko.net [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 02:49 PM

Congrats,

Cool Find!

NEW [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 03:05 PM

What a cool find.Congrats to Clint. I really like stories like that. I just don't understand some of the hard feelings. If someone really wanted this car and knew it was a Yenko they should have made an offer to the owner before the auction ended. Sellers can remove items for sale on e-bay before auction close. All the belly aching after the fact is in my opinion sour grapes if you know something is real and it is a deal you have to pay up before it is gone. The car is nationally advertised on e-bay and is fair game to who ever is willing to pay for it first. I am surprised this car lasted the entire auction, a lot of the rare cars like this and other musclecars end before auction close. I think that is great! A real Yenko for 8,800 with some hunting and prudent purchases you could be on your way to a a real nice car after it is restored. Who cares if the numbers don't match, a lot of Yenkos as well as other Super/Musclecars don't have their original drivetrains they were raced and thrashed on back in the day. Congrats again. There is still hope that some cool cars are not yet discovered.

This post was not in reply to the above post just my two cents.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They will change color or interior color or trim such as standard/deluxe, but they want proof as they wont make a Lemans into a GTO, or an X44 standard Camaro into an X33 or X77 Z-28, etc, etc,. The concept they have is to allow an owner to replace a lost or damaged tag, or to change exterior or interior color. They wont make a plain jane into a musclecar if that is something that can be designated by the trim tag. I am not a big fan of what they are doing but from what I have read on other sites they are trying to not allow model fraud.
Thanks,
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
P.S. I copied the following from their web site under "About Us";
Note: We don't have a problem changing paint codes, trim codes, convertible/vinyl top color codes, or option codes. We will not change "STYLE" numbers (i.e. convert Tempests into GTO's, Cutlass' into 442's, six cylinder cars into eight cylinder cars).

[/ QUOTE ]

At what point does an option code and a "Style" number get blured? Will they add an X11 but not an X33? Would they refuse someone wanting a tag stamped X44? Will they change interior color but not switch from standard to deluxe? I think they are being too liberal in order to make it as a business. They should require proof of ownership and doc's showing the vehicle as optioned from the factory. I have not done business with them but bet for a price they are just like Alice's Restraunt (you can get anything you want!)