Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-04-2015, 01:48 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts
Default Re: Camaro History On Display Tomorrow Evening

Keith,

The show room area was pretty much filled to capacity with well wishers, and car people. We were pleased to have some reasearchers asking good technical questions which Herb seemed to enjoy immensely, however he did not recall any details concerning Yutvio assembly operations in the PI. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2015, 06:38 PM

Mary Teresa Barra the Chief Executive Officer of General Motors stopped by to see the car and visit. Great lady.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2015, 02:37 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 copo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mary Teresa Barra the Chief Executive Officer of General Motors stopped by to see the car and visit. Great lady.

</div></div>

Very cool!
Old 05-18-2015, 03:23 AM

They got my rear side ...

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/289469...barrett-jackson

Old 05-18-2015, 10:14 AM

Getting Mary Barra in the seat is not an easy task.

To be sure a third party was brought in to examine the car and its research and the claims. I am pleased to say that all the hard work put into the pilot car registry site and the open display of the research is winning critical acclaim nearly everyplace and GM is watching. Several conversations were held concerning the rocky reception the Norwood Research has had with in the internet segment of the hobby - and GM was puzzled as to why?

So much so HOT ROD was asked to look at the evidence in advance of the Camaro SIX unveiling.

http://www.hotrod.com/features/1504-...r-we-find-out/

This simple article nails it. However the continued silence from the hobby on this particular car has principles within GM scratching their heads.

For those of you wanting to see the car Brian's event at SLSR is a do not miss event for several reasons. Norwood workers will be there. Chassis side build seminars will be held and a myth shattering unveiling of a holy grail artifact will be held in full public view.

It is gonna be fun.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,031 Posts

I'm not sure why or if GM is scratching their heads. It's a neat car but I personally can think of alot of Camaro's I would rather own. With it's appearance at the Barrett-Jackson showroom it has the feel of a marketing effort. Will we see it at a future Barrett-Jackson auction ?
Old 05-18-2015, 12:43 PM

Getty images has a great spread on the museum event including additional pictures of Barra as we look on next to the car

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-p...photo/473624256
Old 05-19-2015, 12:27 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure why or if GM is scratching their heads. It's a neat car but I personally can think of alot of Camaro's I would rather own. With it's appearance at the Barrett-Jackson showroom it has the feel of a marketing effort. Will we see it at a future Barrett-Jackson auction ? </div></div>

Charley I am glad you asked [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

People at GM watch these forums and they see how we interact. Anyone who has not observed the historic hobby negativity on multiple forums surrounding this specific car is not being honest, and much of what is said (that was negative) was stated due to the absence of detailed and accurate information on the topic of debate--Is this the first Camaro Built? To that end the Pilotcarregistry.com site was created to remedy that absence of information.

What is on display however is on display for all to see is the good and the bad. GM has observed the bad. I was asked point blank by a GM official why I put up with the hobby politics and exactly what motivated me? My reply was that I try to focus on the good and celibate any gain which results in furthering interest in the GM collector car segment. I was positive and criticized no one or any group or any forum. Within 30 Minutes Mrs. Barra and her entourage arrived to greet us. Would the result have been the same if I started to name all the forums where the car was bashed where the research was bashed where credibility was attacked? I was left with the impression that the people at the top of the corporation are sharp and know exactly how to measure the character of an individual.

To that end the resulting positive publicity with GM is a clean win for all of us and it gets no better for me than the Chief Executive Officer of General Motors taking real interest in our cars. It happened - we need to celibate it.

On to the Barrett-Jackson comment-here is the deal - straight up: I asked for a venue to meet with a man with 6 months left to live.

To this end I wanted to make it as eventful for Mr.Leitz as I could and have guests and family there too.

After I made the request to use the Barrett- Jackson Showroom I got exactly what I asked for with Kindness from Craig and Carolyn Jackson. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

Next I asked Lawson to bring the N100001 car from Kansas to Scottsdale and take a week out of his life -- and out of the goodness of his heart he agreed.

To the extent that the event was promoted in the media that was entirely Barrett-Jackson and I do not blame them one bit-- good for them. Echoes Of Norwood got one mention in one local Phoenix article I sure did not reap any publicity or sales from the event.

Finally there are no plans that I am aware of to sell N100001 at this time or in the foreseeable future. There is however real public interest in this car and in my estimation with the 50th anniversary of the Camaro approaching - I see no signs of the interest in this car nearing a peak.

To this end if this car helps all of us and our hobby segment then I am all in. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2015, 09:19 AM

Thank you for being &quot;All In &quot; ! Without the hard work and the work of others,parts of history would be lost forever, Timing is everything and without a sieze the moment attitude and this current whirlwind tour, I'm sure this would have never happened. Honestly, with or without the car, I'm glad someone is picking the brains of those that were there...Thanks!

BIG
Old 05-19-2015, 12:46 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure why or if GM is scratching their heads. It's a neat car but I personally can think of alot of Camaro's I would rather own. With it's appearance at the Barrett-Jackson showroom it has the feel of a marketing effort. Will we see it at a future Barrett-Jackson auction ? </div></div>

I'm confused too. When was this car bashed, the research about it bashed or it's credibility attacked? Asking questions about the car and it's history is bashing it? I think it is a way to learn more about it. As a result of some of the questions asked, the website about the car now has some new and interesting information, which people can learn about. Also, how has the hobby been quiet about the car? The car has been displayed at several shows and people have come to see it. I agree with Charley in that it's a 6cyl so how many people are going to be extremely interested in it? I would think only those that are truly interested in the research aspect of the hobby. As a fullsize guy, if someone found a 65 Biscayne four door 6cyl with vin #1, I'd be all over it but most people would pass it by even if it was #1. It's a 6cyl four door so it's a minimal interest vehicle for most people. And I'd be extremely happy to have many questions asked about the car as have been asked about the #1 Camaro. It shows there is an interest in learning more about the process and I enjoy researching that kind of stuff.

If the people at GM are sharp and have been following the discussions about this car as you say, then they will see that no one has set out to diminish this car in any way.