Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 03-07-2008, 05:11 PM

Default Re: 3 speed shifter 67 Chevelle

George:
What info do you have that the 3 speed bench shift knob should be black?? Thanks.
Joe:
Thanks for the great eBay links! Why didn't that pop up for me when I searched for 3 speed shift knob??!!

By the way, there is a repro on the way for the bench chrome shift hump. The Paddock (who never seems to have anything in stock anyway) lists it in there catalog but says they have not received their first shipment yet. I think they'll be all over the place in a couple months when the first boatload docks........
Dave

www.Z16Chevelle.com
Old 03-07-2008, 06:25 PM

Default Re: 3 speed shifter 67 Chevelle

[ QUOTE ]
George:
What info do you have that the 3 speed bench shift knob should be black?? Thanks.
Joe:
Thanks for the great eBay links! Why didn't that pop up for me when I searched for 3 speed shift knob??!!

By the way, there is a repro on the way for the bench chrome shift hump. The Paddock (who never seems to have anything in stock anyway) lists it in there catalog but says they have not received their first shipment yet. I think they'll be all over the place in a couple months when the first boatload docks........

No problem Dave. I know up here the only black knob I have seen in the 65-67 chevs was in my trucks but they were 3/8 thread.Have lots of those if you need them.Ronnie's 66 3spd chevelle had a white one for sure and a much larger thread I just cannot remember if it had a pattern or plain. Not saying that they didnot install black ones in US cars or someone switched his between 66 and 76 when he got it. I wish now I didnot sell all of my 66 Literature since I know there was pictures of the 3spd set up in one of my dealer books.
We will find that handle first.Take care Joe
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]