Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 07-28-2011, 11:42 AM

Default Re: "Day2" type BBC Build Up

Heres what kind of build im copying-It gonna be more like the 2nd graph but with 3rd graph type power-Im using my "290" Large Oval port heads that are closed chamber style-these heads have BIG valves in them-plus they been Worked on-so I will have more compression than they did on Sheet,The Cam is gonna Be a Comp Cams 294 XE series flat tappet-Comp Cams roller rockers-TrickFlow pushrods-Older Holley Street Dominator Intake manifold-My build differs-As Lingenfelter used a CompCams 252 H-Then a 305H-followed by a 288 Street Roller & a 296 Street Roller-The CompCams 294 Xtreme Energy Cam is a NEWER design with 250/256 [email protected] 588/593 Lift 110' lobe-2800-7000 RPM powerband-Lingenfelter also used a Holley Strip Dominator Intake manifold-then a Weiand Team G-I just so happen to have a "TeamG" intake laying around Just in case I have to push the power band up-My builder has done MANY 496 Builds-From what I was told it Should Be a HAND FULL with that M22 4 speed Im running-He warned me -that the Rear end in my Firebird WILL not LAST LONG with all the power going thru it-so In the future I will be upgrading to a Ford 9 incher-maybe a 12BOLT if I can score one for Cheap...
Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 AM

Default Re: "Day2" type BBC Build Up

Video of my BBC 496 stroker running-It's a torque monster thats running on pump gas.The builder is well known&put a CompCams 292H Magnum cam instead on the XE I originally was gonna go with-Im gonna thow some Moroso Gold Valve covers on it&Put a video of it running in the Firebird with Open headers And then threw Thrush mufflers
http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=S5000140.mp4