Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 10-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: '71 Baldwin Motion Camaro

Marlin, I don't want to speak for Kevin, however, as a former owner of this car, there are a number of reasons it is one of the best if not the best of the 2nd gen. BM Camaros. It is the most photographed 2nd gen. BM Camaro having had a number of full color multi-page articles in several different magazines including two covers. It was also covered back in 1980 in Hot Rod magazine. The paint colors, red with white stripes along with a black interor are highly desireable and it retains 90% of it's original paint and still has it's original drivetrain including the LS-6 installed by Motion. A partial restoration was completed by Greg Donahue a well respected restorer. The car was also used by Ertl in the development of the diecast and has a letter from Ertl documenting this. It has 2 documenting letters from Joel Rosen as well as a letter from the original owner. All in all an excellent example of a 2nd gen. BM Camaro. I had mixed when I sold it, but allowed me to buy my 69 BM Camaro. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 02:56 PM

Can I ask a legitimate question without starting problems. What proves it is the original engine that was installed by Motion? Is there a VIN stamped on the block by Motion? Did he assign it a specific serial number? I've always wondered how you prove an original Motion engine(same goes for Nickey, Dana, etc).
Old 10-18-2003, 12:04 AM

""""""""""""""""" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 03:08 AM

Is this the car that was featured in the 3/90 Muscle Cars magazine--owned at the time by John Scanelli.???
Old 10-18-2003, 04:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

COPO, what are the specs. on your 69 B/M Camaro? Bring the details. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 04:58 AM

Ed - I'll warm you up for Charlie's reply....you can start by imagining the green ex-Chandler car, except in yellow and black......take it away Charlie, I don't want to steal any of your thunder.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 01:48 PM

JeffH

Not sure about the other Motion cars but Mark Timkens Camaro had special Motion markings on the pad stamped in by Joel originally. I think it had the letters MP and then some sort of serial number system that was known to Motion. I can't imagine Motion selling a car and not stamping some identifying marks for warranty purposes.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine Motion selling a car and not stamping some identifying marks for warranty purposes.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think Phase III engines came with any type of warranty. Motion guaranteed 11.50's, provided a scattershield and a rev limiter, keeping it together was up to you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]
Old 10-18-2003, 06:50 PM

--All Baldwin/Motion specialty cars--except those fitted with competition-only engines or engines fitted with internal speed equipment such as racing cam and valve train-were covered by warranties.Every engine conversion was not a PhaseIII treatment.There was a basic Phase III package and you could go up from there ,internal/external,engine/ suspension work.-----Along with whitetop, I agree, that Motion would have had to mark the engine or keep record somehow to make sure they were working on the engine they sold you ,if under warranty or not. .------JoeG
Old 10-18-2003, 08:34 PM

JoeG
Yeah, some of the cars topped out at $10K in 1969 dollars, 2500-3000 more than a Zl-1, and I'm sure if an engine had a legitimate defect Joel would not leave the owner hanging. At the same time there are shady characters who would take advantage of a situation so I'm sure Joel would of stamped the engines somewhow to make sure that was the engine installed originally.