Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 10-10-2002, 04:01 AM
SCR Sponsor

Default Re: 1966 Yenko Stinger for sale

Rick,
Thanks. Do you know who was racing a Stinger in the Monteray Historic Races at Laguna Seca last year. I would like to find out what it takes to get on the track for that event.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:16 AM

Not positive about last year, but do know that Jim Schardt has run there in the past. Might be able to find some contact info. on Jim for you, if needed ?

Let me know,
Rick Gary Aubes Site. Schardt pics.
69 F250 CrewCab 4x4 Survivor (gone)
08 F250 CrewCab 4x4
13 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Ecoboost
Old 10-10-2002, 05:04 AM

This is like a good book that I can't put down. But come on guy's....a person has to sleep some time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2002, 06:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 Douglas Yenkos

How many conversations can we have at one time?!?

To answer Marlin: "What corroberating evidence of an agreement are you referring to? I have yet to see any evidence??"
I'm not sure anything less than the Dead Sea Scrolls will fit your evidence requirements. How many contracts between any of the dealers mentioned have survived all these years? Much less one that was for less than a year.
Evidence? There are statements from employees of both dealerships and one dealership owner, all of which jive surprisingly well. There's the fact that Douglas didn't lose the Chicago area Yenko distributorship. There's the fact that Yenko sold the stripes to Douglas. This is all evidence, none of it is heresay (well it is now since none of the people quoted actually posted the info).

"QUOTE: "What is a Yenko anyway? My definition would be:..." I would add to your definition that the car was ordered by and MSO'd to Yenko Chev."
I'm not sure why the source of the car would be in the definition. It is not what defined the product. The Nickey/Thomas scenario is similar, and the cars are still considered the Nickeys.
I said a 69 Yenko Camaro is : 'A COPO that was specially decalled as a Yenko and marketed as such.' This same statement can be changed to fit the Nickeys, Harrells, Yenkos, BMW's, etc. The source of the product was not what inferred value to the original customer, what did was the marketing of it as a Yenko (or Nickey, et al) and the inherent value associated with that name and what it represented.

Mike,
I agree Yenko was not a manufacturer, but per the sanctioning organization's rules, they could be considered one. Hey, they made those rules, people just worked around them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Stefano,
My car is a L35 car.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:18 AM

HEY GUYS

This is some very interesting reading but GEEEZZ,Damn glad I just have a plain old Chevrolet Chevelle SS,only manfactured by Chevrolet and sold by Chevrolet.HA HA HA I don't have to worry about all the other POOP!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
"JUST FUNNIN YOU GUYS PLEASE DON'T BASH ME!!
Bobby
Old 10-10-2002, 01:14 PM

Stefano & Kurt:
I don't need to see any agreements/contracts between Yenko SportsCars and the participating dealers, the MSO already states that those cars are Yenko's. The fact that Yenko ordered them makes them Yenko's, that Fencl-Tufo sold a given car tells me it was dealer transferred. We know it was transferred because we have a Delivery Sheet with the Delayed Floor Plan Privilege paperwork, and that's the paperwork trail that I like to see. Douglas did lose the exclusive Yenko dealership status in Chicago, there were approx. 6 Yenko dealers in '70 - Douglas wasn't one of them.

I'm not sure I believe the 'Dead Sea Scrolls' either, there is a lot of misunderstanding with them as well, just like the evolution theories etc.....

Kurt:
QUOTE: "What is a Yenko anyway? ....I'm not sure why the source of the car would be in the definition." I feel that the source of the car is exactly what defines a Yenko. Maybe that statement is what summarizes this whole discussion. I feel the source defines a Yenko, do you feel that the marketing package defines a Yenko?

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 10-10-2002, 01:56 PM

Gentlemen, I do believe the the equine in question has been pummled into extinction. Just kidding, Us new guys are learning ALOT! This is better than WWF Monday night Nitro. A good "broo ha ha" just shows you have a pulse and a passion. I guess Yenko-Douglas will have to fall in to the category of religion and politics as things that can't be disscussed in a civil mannor in a public fourm. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2002, 02:01 PM

Thanked 1,660 Times in 487 Posts

You mean people are actually reading this stuff? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My information is historical facts from the 60s. I am not an uninformed magazine writer trying to sell copy and I am not a manure spewing auctioneer trying to pump up the value of the cars. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
The information stated about the SCCA and ACCUS and EPA are documented facts. I forgot to mention one important fact that is stated in Chevrolet paperwork from 1969. Chevy lists the COPO options with a code number and short description. This is a quote from the list
"Option 9737 - Sports Car Conversion/Yenko/ "
Chevrolet used Don's name to describe the COPO option. That means something to me. The only other dealer mentioned in this paperwork is Fred Gibb. Yenko and Gibb deserve credit for the work they did to get these hi performance Chevrolets out of the factory, on the road, on the race tracks, and into the hearts and minds of the fans. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2002, 02:39 PM
SCR Sponsor

Marlin,
Now you are manufacturing info. Jack Douglass Did not have his rights to be a Yenko Dealer pulled out from under him. He gave them up voluntarilly , as to him the Deuce was not a car he wanted to try market. To keep the sYc rights he had to order a large quantity of Deuces and Choose not to do so.

Ed Schoenthaller who took on the Deuces at Fencil Tufo also tried to get sYc to set him up in 1969, while he was at Briganse Chevrolet. He was informed that Jack Douglass Chevrolet, Inc. maintained the exclusive territory.

It is the "fact" that no other Dealer existed in the state of Illinios, much less Chicago Metro For SYC while Jack Douglass Chevrolet was a Yenko Dealer.

If you lived in Chicago area and wanted a Yenko you went to Douglass Chevrolet to purchase one, this is the point I have been trying to make all along. It happened.

JoeC,
Reasonable people can agree to disagree ,to bash someone who was there,has seen ,owned and driven the cars as well as worked hand in hand with Jack Douglass, yet maintains an opinion different from yours, just simply reflects your true character and I am glad to see that you posted it for all to see. Thanks
Old 10-10-2002, 02:53 PM

Stefano;
I am not doubting that Douglas had the exclusive rights, but again, we don't truly know whether it was Don or Jack who disolved the dealer from the Network. I would speculate that Jack effectively disolved the arrangement when he back-doored the process. He had obviously decided not to buy the Yenko's from Don anymore.

So, I will concede that Jack initiated the 'breakup', but not due to the '70 Yenko Deuce. More Deuces were sold in Illinois than any other state, the bulk of which were in Chicago! More than Virginia (#2), and PA (#3). Why would Jack not want to market the Deuce, a car that sold as well in Chicago as the '69 cars did? (And for the same amount of money I might add!).

What was the 'shipper document' that was found? Was it a delivery schedule, build sheet, broadcast sheet? I would propose that Jack found out about the COPO #'s from Berger?

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)