Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Is "stance" important?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daves70SS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another ford

</div></div>

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hemicolt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daves70SS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another ford

</div></div>

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img] </div></div> [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img] x100!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 PM

The blue Shelby brings back memories.

A classmate in my HS still owns a 67/68? 428 Shelby convertible with 2 carb setup.. original factory yellow paint. Real Day 2 car-Sun gauges/ET slot mags, traction bars etc. His dad owned a auto wrecking yard and he worked there and he traded some cars(not wrecked) for it in the late 70's. Last time I saw it on the street was 1981 ish.. and he has no interest in driving it or bringing it out. Another guy saw it several years back when he went by and the garage door just happened to be up and it has boxes stacked on it ceiling high.

On a side note his brother had a 67/68 Shelby convertible small block car and was trying to sell it in the mid 80's and wanted some ungodly amount for it and was mad no one would buy it at the number so he put log in it and set it on fire..strange guy-true story...

In fact the whole family is batsh*t crazy. The yard was full of rare Mustangs and they were nice restorable cars at one time but now just junk. The yard is no longer in operation (EPA basically shut it down). it operated out of Eastern Ohio appalacian hill country. You had to walk on eggshells in the yard dealing with the owner..say one little thing wrong and he would literally kick you out. If he liked you he would sell you anything.

Guy was like the soup nazi.

They are still out there.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 PM

It looks like a regular Mustang fastback with a California Special rear facia grafted on? No upper side scoops and Mustang front fenders.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427TJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like a regular Mustang fastback with a California Special rear facia grafted on? No upper side scoops and Mustang front fenders. </div></div>

It is a 1968 Mustang Fastback that I restored back around 1978-1980, I used all original nos Shelby tail light panel and related parts, also a 1967 Shelby repro. hood to match the stock 1968 Mustang fenders. It was painted a candy color called regal blue. I sold the Mustang in 1982 along with my 1971 Z28 to get the down payment for my first house but I kept my 1970 Chevelle SS L78 which I still have.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 AM

Pontiaction by James Berry ...
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The blue Shelby brings back memories.

A classmate in my HS still owns a 67/68? 428 Shelby convertible with 2 carb setup.. original factory yellow paint. Real Day 2 car-Sun gauges/ET slot mags, traction bars etc. His dad owned a auto wrecking yard and he worked there and he traded some cars(not wrecked) for it in the late 70's. Last time I saw it on the street was 1981 ish.. and he has no interest in driving it or bringing it out. Another guy saw it several years back when he went by and the garage door just happened to be up and it has boxes stacked on it ceiling high.

On a side note his brother had a 67/68 Shelby convertible small block car and was trying to sell it in the mid 80's and wanted some ungodly amount for it and was mad no one would buy it at the number so he put log in it and set it on fire..strange guy-true story...

In fact the whole family is batsh*t crazy. The yard was full of rare Mustangs and they were nice restorable cars at one time but now just junk. The yard is no longer in operation (EPA basically shut it down). it operated out of Eastern Ohio appalacian hill country. You had to walk on eggshells in the yard dealing with the owner..say one little thing wrong and he would literally kick you out. If he liked you he would sell you anything.

Guy was like the soup nazi.

They are still out there. </div></div>

There were two local guys here in Tennesse, Steve Bentley and Tex Scalf , who were the same way. One had an all Mopar junk yard and the other guy had a little bit of everything. Soup Nazi is a great way to describe them.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM

Just couple of my rides
68 CAMARO L78 4SP 4:10 born with everything
66 Pro Street Nova
41 Willys Nostalgia Gasser
66 corvette 427/390 # match
Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Beautiful Black &amp; Blue!</span> [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Thanked 1,418 Times in 683 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glenn L78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Just couple of my rides </div></div>

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif[/img]
John 10:30