Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 01-17-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Yenko Deuce Cushion Grip Steering Wheel

I am normally just a lurker, and love the site, the vehicles and the knowledge you guys provide...very educational...It is too bad people jump to conclusions and spout off about someone they obviously know nothing about...Joe, from what I have read over the last couple years, you do not need to justify yourself to anyone..especially someone who attacks in that manner, imagine, 644 posts gone down the tubes in one fell swoop.....but the beauty in all of this is the fact that you completely layed the smack down with nothing but the facts (and wheels)...and for that he must receive this...

Old 01-17-2006, 03:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,686 Times in 1,191 Posts

I first struck up a friendship with Mark M. at SCR7 & it has continued past SCR8.We found we share similar interests in the same Cars,parts and most recently in Oil & Gas collectibles and I respect his opinion,thoughts and friendship today.

I have been considering a steering wheel like this for my 1970 Chevelle.I thought Brandons price was unusually high from the few I saw in the past,but I don't know their exact differences and details,so I asked Brandon some questions about it in the thread itself,then did a search on Ebay under current & completed steering wheels.I found one particular that Brandon had just won identical to this one that he is now selling here.Mark mentioned he had recently purchased a simliar 3 spoke cushioned grip wheel so I asked him if he thought the price was justified and if the two wheels were one in the same.I didn't hear back from Mark until I found out my PM box was totally filled up in an unrelated topic yesterday afternoon.Once I emptied it out, Mark later PM'd me asking for that Ebay auction link again.So I resent it to him.

Am I part of this..YES,as I would like to obtain one,but not this particular steering wheel as I have learned it was not an RPO on the 1970 Chevelle.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:34 AM

Thanked 3,871 Times in 1,030 Posts
Default Re: Yenko Deuce Cushion Grip Steering Wheel *DELETED*

Post deleted by Charley Lillard
Old 01-17-2006, 03:47 AM

HOLY [censored]....I can't even look at that friggin pic of the guy getting gored....dammit that has GOT to twinge a little....oh man.....oh man...that is nasty...gotta be worse than the pain and itch of hemmorhoidal tissue...YOUCH..
Old 01-17-2006, 05:54 AM

Paybacks a bit$h----
Old 01-17-2006, 05:55 AM

Mr.Peters,

I replied to your question no more than FIVE MINUTES after you asked about part numbers and details that it was not an RPO for a chevelle, which I find amazingly hard to believe you didn't already know, since you DO call yourself “Mr70,” and seem to be quick with a reply when anyone ever has a question about RPO codes for a 1970 Chevrolet... I also provided detailed photos of differences, and even went so far as to offer you a 3 spoke wheel that IS correct for your car, an NOS GM piece, and explained this whole thing to you as I’ll quote myself below:
[ QUOTE ]
There are no part numbers stamped or printed on ANY of the GM 3 spoke wheels. (cushion grip, comfort grip, or rosewood) There is a groove molded on the outside, but these wheels DID NOT use the stainless steel trim that the common chevelle wheels had, and the rim of this wheel is much thicker than those wheels. This wheel was not a factory option on Camaro or Chevelle. It was used in 1970 only as the factory wheel in the Buick GSX, in which only about 700 or so were produced, so aside from 70 GSX, this is a Yenko-only piece. It should also be noted that these wheels do not have the molded finger grips on the backside, as the 70 Chevelle comfortgrip wheels had. I do have an NOS GM thin comfort grip wheel with the stainless band on the outside too...is that what you are looking for??

Here's a comparison pic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say you found my price high, but yet the ONLY one of these currently for sale is an NOS one that a member here has offered at 3500.00. (He himself even posted in this thread and noted my price was good) Aside from his wheel, and the repoduction one that I myself recently won, I know of NO OTHER GSX/Yenko Cushion-Grip wheels being sold in the recent past, or even in the not so recent past.

So while you and Mark have been researching and price shopping these rare wheels...would you care to show any of the rest of us sYc members what other similar wheels you found for sale on ebay otherwise?

I'd feel better taking all this guff over the price of my wheel if there were at least one other documented source to compare mine to. Sounds more like a completed auctions witchhunt to me...

-JB
Old 01-17-2006, 06:36 AM

I didn't know they are repopping those wheels...you should send it to me for free and then there won't me any more issues...hurry....I would settle for the standard wheel if you already sold the cushion...
Old 01-17-2006, 04:00 PM

Thanked 2,686 Times in 1,191 Posts

Are we using formal names now?
Mr.Barr there was no witch hunt by me nor anyone else that I can see.
You did answer my question in a timely manner and I thank you for that.With a FootBall game &amp; pix to download yesterday,I didn't sit on this topic long,I moved on once I read your text reply.Your pic attachment came later on after your text.
I am not familiar with this design of wheel your selling here,as it is unique from the other 3 spoke design that I am familiar with,but even if I did notice your pic at that time,I still would've researched it on Ebays search page.Ebay makes this quite easily accessible to all it's members.It's by no means a secret,and if it is,it shouldn't be.If a seller should try to get top dollar for an item,why can't a buyer know what he possibly paid for it? It can really help the negotiation process for both sides involved.A search on Ebay can answer alot of questions in todays world.It's resourcefulness is nearly second to none.
Yes,I know there was a 3 spoke RPO cushion grip steering wheel available for my Chevelle,and yes I see them here and there,but the design,price and description of your GSX/Yenko wheel was what took me by surprise.Something I did't know much about at the time.There was only that one other completed steering wheel like yours on Ebay,so that is all I had to compare yours to.You got to admit,they do a pretty good reproduction of it today,as even Marlin stated you had to contact him for the differences via email recently.
Marks own reply at the time seemed justified to me based on those two wheels,and I must say,if Frank Magallon said the exact same thing to anyone else on here,he would have not evoked this much attention or outcry...Just my .02
This site is first and foremost about sharing &amp; helping people with their questions and problems dealing with Chevrolet SuperCars,and I think we should never forget that,regardless how big others act,feel or are able to spend on a part or car they desire.I really feel most of us are getting away from this point lately..
If my "mr70" name offends you Brandon,then call me Rick.That is my real name and one I will answer to as well.I am sorry if the "mr70" title rubs you or anyone else the wrong way,that was not my intention when I chose it.I do not claim to know everything about the 1970 Chevrolet Vehicles,I just enjoy learning &amp; collecting about the 1970 Chevrolet Vehicles the most.

Off topic:
I feel resentment from you &amp; others on here,that I feel run far beyond this topic.Vicious name calling by one close to me for a start.I remember a time when that never was.
I have been accussed recently of possibly being connected,in some small part,to a dispicable act which I had absolutely no knowledge of,or took any part in at all.It was just recenlty brought to my attention while being on this website.I was stunned to hear about it,and it actually answered a question I had about a related odd occurence that happened to me after it.It was only through a telephone call to that person,that I was informed what had actually happened.I feel we cleared the air,and hope we can continue to be friends as we once were.
The website &amp; keyboard can not express the exact emotions being sent with that text,so I think we should all try to remember that.
If anyone has any quarls or misunderstandings with anyone today,pick up your telephone and air it out there,or even better,sit down with them in person.
It really does work.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was only that one other completed steering wheel like yours on Ebay,so that is all I had to compare yours to.You got to admit,they do a pretty good reproduction of it today,as even Marlin stated you had to contact him for the differences via email recently.
Marks own reply at the time seemed justified to me based on those two wheels,and I must say,if Frank Magallon said the exact same thing to anyone else on here,he would have not evoked this much attention or outcry...Just my .02

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,

First off, in the beginning of your post you claim you don't know anything about these steering wheels, and somehow couln't see the detailed pic i posted right within the post along with a detailed explanation, showing the differences between them... heck, you didnt even have to open the attachment, it was IMPOSSIBLE not to see...but somehow you claim you didn't see it... (can everyone else here see that pic on page one without any complications?) Then you go on to claim that the reproductions are good and are hard to distinguish from originals... if you know nothing about them, how do you know anything about distinguishing characteristics of them? In your previous post, you stated that you and your buddy Mark researched the prices of these wheels, indicating that my price was high based on other wheels for sale, but now you are admitting that the only wheel you looked at (or "found" as you say) was the reproduction steering wheel that I had won on ebay. So it WAS a witchhunt to attempt to "bust" me selling that wheel for more than I paid for it, and to portray me as knowingly selling a repro part as original. And I also disagree, and do not believe that anyone here would allow ANYONE else to present an attack on me in the way you had Mark attack me. It was a vicious attack on my personal character. I don't care who said it, be it you, Frank, Belair, Mark, or the man on the moon, the reacton would certianly have been the same. The sheer fact you see nothing wrong with what he accused me of, and what was said, and think it "shouldn't have caused such an outcry" lets me know exactly how involved you were with what mark posted for you. I'm just glad others got a chance to see the type of stuff you do behind the scenes in an effort to damage others reputations. Is it jealousy? Is it spite? I don't know what your problem is, but I think what you did was totally uncalled for and I don't buy into your excuses. I have replied to every question you or anyone else has asked, provided detailed photos, and have been upfront and honest from the start. I don't have to hide behind someone elses posts... Where is your buddy Mark anyhow? Is it your turn to do the speaking now? He wanted his proof prior to making any apology and I think excessive proof has already been posted.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:55 PM

Rick,

If you expect your story of "research" and ignorance of the fat grip wheels to hold water...IMO you're insulting the intelligence of the rest of the members who frequent here.

You said it yourself,
[ QUOTE ]
There was only that one other completed steering wheel like yours on Ebay,so that is all I had to compare yours to.

[/ QUOTE ]
You also added...
[ QUOTE ]
If a seller should try to get top dollar for an item, why can't a buyer know what he possibly paid for it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like this is the real issue here. You thought you had someone busted by searching his completed auctions like you commonly do as part of your ongoing "research" but unfortunately your facts weren't straight...and Mark made a fool of himself for you.

The funny thing is I recall you extending a hand to myself and my brother at a recent SCR, yet you continue to do these types of things behind these scenes and play dumb to try to get yourself out of it.

The rest of the members here are smart enough to see what's going on for themselves. No need to extend the hand next time.