Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 01-17-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Yenko Deuce Cushion Grip Steering Wheel

mr70,
I see a lot of skirting and glazing over in your last couple posts for your part in this despicable attempt to assassinate Joe's reputation and character, but for all your rhetorical dancing...it lacks those two little words. This thread has nearly 1400 views within 48 hours, so I recommend you think your next post over very carefully if you truly prefer resolve.

FWIW, in the way of comparables for original used cushion grip wheels...I was offered far more for mine at SCR8 than Joe is asking for this one.

SS
Old 01-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,200 Posts

IF I were interested in such a wheel, and IF I had checked completed auctions to see if it had recently been acquired, and IF I suspected it MIGHT BE A REPOP PART, it is very simple what I would do next. Email the seller PRIVATELY. Ask some questions.

Last year I was selling an NOS oil pan on ebay. A scum bag on ebay contacted one of my bidders, who happens to frequent this site, and told him it was a repop. That bidder contacted me PRIVATELY to see what was going on.

All of this could have been avoided. Some accusations you just don't make in public.

Just my opinion.

Lynn
Old 01-17-2006, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Marks own reply at the time seemed justified to me based on those two wheels,and I must say,if Frank Magallon said the exact same thing to anyone else on here,he would have not evoked this much attention or outcry...Just my .02

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres my .02 cents Rick. I think that you got the reaction that you did from so many people because those people and a lot silent people are sick of you and your crap. You have burned MANY brides behind the scenes that I am sure that you are aware of. Maybe it's about time you take your show of goofy pictures and Chevrolet RPO codes "On the Move"
Old 01-17-2006, 08:01 PM

Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,176 Posts

Brandon
I have seen more of the 3 spoke "comfort grip" wheel" with the groove & trim around the perimeter.
I am not familiar at all with this 3 spoke "cushion grip" steering wheel you are selling right here now.That is why I said I don't know anything about these wheels.I wanted to see what Ebay had for pictures & details because it's a good research tool.Where else am I to look?
The reproduction wheel in that ended auctioned looks like the exact same wheel here,I asked Mark for his opinion and that was the end of it..no response from him until I read his reply here much later on.I am sorry for that.The wheel is worth every penny you are asking,but I will not buy it because it is not correct for my car,as well as out of my price range.
I didn't tell my friend Mark in anyway what to say or,nor does he speak for me in anyway.I can only guess at why he typed what he did,because the completed ebay 400.00 wheel looks identical to the wheel you are selling here now.Again,that is a guess on my part only,as I do not know how to distiguish an original from a repop,thus the reason I asked Mark if he did.

"In your previous post, you stated that you and your buddy Mark researched the prices of these wheels"
I did not say that..show me where I did..this is a false quote.I just asked Mark for his opinion.

"indicating that my price was high based on other wheels for sale"..Yes Brandon,but I was using the 3 spoke "comfort grip" wheels I saw in the past as reference.That's not a fair comparison now is it.I searched for a non perimeter trim wheel,non finger grip wheel on Ebay and that 400.00 wheel was the only one I saw to compare it to.
Again there is No witch hunt here and Mark posted nothing for me.I don't do that to my friends,nor do they ask it of me.I would hope no one does that on here either.
And I said if it was anyone else,it "wouldn't" have brought such an outcry,I didn't say it "shouldn't".I totally understand why it should and rightfully so.
Please stop with the Paranoic accusations,and you do reply to all questions presented to you on this site.
I agree you have presented ample proof.

Erik
Show me where else I can find a Fatgrip wheel to compare this wheel too if I wanted too? Ebay is the only place that I know of.SCR9 would be a good place,but I can't wait 9 months.Again,I use the search function for anything I would like to purchase,such as the "comfort grip" wheel which is correct for my car.
Erik..I resent your last remarks and that was a cheap shot!

Frank
I ask that you tell me of any examples of what you just referred to.
That was out of line and uncalled for.
You don't take advantage of this thread to spread rumors.
You pick up the phone and dial my number,or I will yours.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:17 PM

Rick, Here is my question, if you knew the cushion grip wheel was not correct for your car, (perhaps by reading the post i made as a direct answer to your question 5 minutes after you asked it?) then why go through the trouble of looking up the value of it, and sending links and info to your friend Mark? Simple... because you wanted to try to bust me in a lie, its so obvious there isn't a need to even argue about it, as you just dig your hole deeper IMO. I received NO e mails, and NO PMs, and no calls from you OR your buddy Mark before or after you made your assumptions and accusations, so i don't know what this stuff is you posted about talking to people in person or calling, I guess thats only when its YOU who's being called to the carpet. When its someone else, its OK to just go on a hunch and talk behind their backs with your friends, making claims that are totally and 100% unfounded and false.

By the way, I prefer to be called Joe instead of Brandon, but it really doesn't bother me either way, however alot of my friends know me as Brandon, which is why I prefer you use Joe.

Oh, and also, if you would have used the search feature on THIS site, you could have found a steering wheel very similar to this one that i had offered for sale at 1200.00 dollars some 2 or 3 years ago on this very site, as well at the one Earl had listed recently for 3500.00...While mine didn;t sell as a result of the yenko.net ad, it did sell in Carlisle for my full asking price, and I'm sure a few members here saw it there. I can also easily pull up several threads in regards to these wheels, in which it is thoroughly explained what they are, and what they are correct for. I still don't buy this story that you had no idea that this wheel wasn't right for your car, and that you were initially interested in buying it from me. Any questions you may have had were cleared up in the first 5 minutes of the thread, complete with detailed photos, so there's no sense in pretending you didn't know. I don't know how much more clear i could have been in my reply to you where i stated point blank that it was not correct for your car.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:37 PM

Speaking of Mark, where has he disappeared to? Cat eat his keyboard?

IMO, just another hit and run sladerous attack, with no merit. Time for Mark to apoligize to Joe.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frank
I ask that you tell me of any examples of what you just referred to.
That was out of line and uncalled for.
You don't take advantage of this thread to spread rumors.
You pick up the phone and dial my number,or I will yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick what I speak of are truths and not rumors. I won't embarass you any further than you already have been nor will I bring other peoples problems with you that I know about into this forum.

And DO NOT call me. I have nothing to talk to you about.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:11 PM

Rick,

You’re talking in circles here…first you say “I thought Brandon’s price was unusually high from the few I saw in the past.” But then you add:

Erik
Show me where else I can find a Fatgrip wheel to compare this wheel too if I wanted too? Ebay is the only place that I know of.SCR9 would be a good place,but I can't wait 9 months.Again,I use the search function for anything I would like to purchase,such as the "comfort grip" wheel which is correct for my car.
Erik..I resent your last remarks and that was a cheap shot!

I think you’ve proven my point exactly...your research on these fat grip wheels began about ten minutes after my brother listed one for sale at a price you weren't happy with, you searched his completed auctions and only his completed auctions for the wheel in question and no other wheels, and thought you made a discovery that the wheel was being sold at a significant markup, you told you buddy Mark and he acted on your findings by making an off hand post to discredit my brother Joe or Brandon or CamaroJoe whatever you want to call him.

You've said yourself it's obviously not a fair to compare the value of this UNIQUE Yenko/GSX only fat grip wheel to the much more common Chevelle “comfort grip” wheel, which is what you're trying to say is all you're guilty of. But to suggest that you felt the wheel listed here and the ebay wheel were one in the same is to admit to calling my brother Joe a liar, as his was CLEARLY listed as a used GM wheel, and the ebay one was not.

Are we supposed to think you didn't know the difference between the 2 types of wheels when you discussed the price with your good friend Mark, or that you became sincerely interested in researching these fat grip wheels this week?

FYI there were several of these "Fat Grip" wheels in attendance at SCR 7 & 8, both in legit Yenko cars and including a loose one that was on display with it's original NOS packaging at my brother's memorabilia table, but you didn't check it out or inquire about it because apparently we’re to believe you feel the best way to do research on these wheels is by using a search of ebay's completed auctions?

It’s either that or you knew it wasn’t a Chevelle part and never needed an excuse to explain away your “researching” it on ebay’s completed auctions until something like this little misguided mudslinging attempt blew up in you and your buddy Mark’s faces.

Good story, but I’m not buying it…I don’t think too many others here are either. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...
Old 01-18-2006, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Heres my .02 cents Rick. I think that you got the reaction that you did from so many people because those people and a lot silent people are sick of you and your crap. You have burned MANY bridges behind the scenes that I am sure that you are aware of. Maybe it's about time you take your show of goofy pictures and Chevrolet RPO codes "On the Move"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll drink to that.

1970 Chevelle Droptop
Period Correct Speed Parts
482 BBC, M22 or TH400?
Day 2 Super Stock Rocks
Old 01-18-2006, 12:45 AM

This topic is getting OLD, your points have been made I think we can move on NOW.
The "MOF"