Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 11-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Unique Shelby Convertible for sale

That was cool. Our mutual friend PMUM always spoke highly of you, Les. Can see why. Ultimately, would suspect Chip's glad you chimed up. Time to go show the feast who's boss.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IF that's the same black jade drag pack GT 500 Shelby convertible......it doesn't have an original engine or any of the expensive original parts left on it from when it won the Thoroughbred award.

Through several owners all the hard to find irreplaceable parts fell off and were sold. I know people who bought some of the parts off the car and know people who almost bought the car(including myself)until they had an expert look at the car and determined it is no longer a throughbred level car due to the missing parts.

Les, I'm stuck here, first you stated the above....are you now recanting those comments with whats being offered below?

It is still clearly a MCA concours gold car and may very well be still a thoroughbred. Everyone should consider the infromation my law office acquired during our litigation MAY NOT be true regarding the parts. People make mistakes and many times people have their own agenda's. We have not formed any concrete conclusions and neither should anyone else. We believe the information we have acquired to be reliable but we can't guarantee it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not seeing much correlation between the Cuda story and the fact you reportedly know people who supposedly bought expensive parts off the car in question.

Are you trying to say that you are incorrect? Is this an apology of sorts? Did I missed something here? I am confused and it ain't the stuffing.

Old 11-25-2005, 05:47 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thats what you got out of that ? Did they stuff you with stuffing or the other way around up there in Canada ??? LOL

Les your Alright in my BOOK !
Old 11-25-2005, 06:00 AM

Les and everyone,

I think its time to call a cooling off period and let me try to gather a few more facts with regard to parts supposedly being sold off my car. While I have reason to believe this is an inacurate rumor, I want to do some more investigation. Moreover, I have responded to a very nice PM from Les and I look forward to working with Les to find out if any parts were sold off my car and if so, which parts. I do appreciate his PM and his especially his offer in this PM to help me get to the truth regarding this issue. To put it bluntly, while we can all have different opinions about an issue, we cannot have differing sets of facts about the same issue. So the fact is that either parts were not sold off the car, or parts were sold off the car. I want to find the answer so that when and if I sell the car it will be sold with a completely accurate representation.

As I said, if parts were sold, I will try and find any missing NOS parts and restore the car to its rightful glory. However, it is my hope and belief ( because I trust what former owners and the restorer of this car have told me) that the claim of parts being removed from my car are unsubstantiated and incorrect rumors. If they are inaccurate rumors, then those rumors need to stop now, and it needs to be stated publicly on this webb site and maybe others.

Thanks for everyone's guidance and patience in this matter, I know it has read like a bad soap opera.
Chip

in we will
Old 11-25-2005, 06:03 AM

I probably should have done a better proof read and spell check of my post, but I think it reads clearly enough. And I have no idea what those words below my name are suppose to say.
Chip
Old 11-25-2005, 06:07 AM

Hopefully nothing is missing....that would be a great outcome...sounds like a cool car. As for the Cuda...well that really blows...
Old 11-25-2005, 07:32 AM

We all hope nothing is missing. And I can understand the confusion regarding my posts. I would suggest that if you cut and paste two distinct posts from different days that will only serve to cause more confusion. Much of the confusion is due to the limited amount of information I am able to disclose due to it's priviliged nature. It will not make complete sense because some of the information not being made public is priviliged.

Let's exercise some common sense here. I think Chip's car was restored prior to 1999 and won a SAAC premier in 99. That is six years ago and a long time for parts to come and go. It's possible parts were sold? It's possible that replacement NOS parts were put back on. I believe my information to be accurate and reliable but since none of it was collected while people were under oath I leave open the possiblity in fairness to all that people had their own agenda's when making representations.

I am certain however from private emails with Chip that Chip's ONLY agenda is to find the truth. There is no doubt in my mind that Chip honestly believed when he offered this car for sale on this forum that it had the factory original engine and has nothing but honest and sincere intentions for the finding out whether it still is a thoroughbred level car. I hope and want to believe it is. And if it is not I will do everything I can to help Chip make it one again.

We should all consider one important thing with regard to this thread. At some point someone restamped the engine on Chip's car knowing it was not the factory original engine. Whomever restamped it chose not to include in the restamp a designation such as SR for service replacement block. Or any other way for owners down the line to see that it was a restamp. IMHO an acceptable way to restamp a block is to include a designation that it is NOT the original block. Any thing less in my book creates the kind of problems we are having here. No matter how good an expert is they can be fooled by a good restamp especially if the block is date code correct. Let's not condemn or judge harshly any of the prior owners of this car and assume they took the time to research the SAAC registry and assume they knew it was a restamp but represented it as original. They same goes for the parts on the car.

Finally even IF it is proven that parts are missing only about 12 anal retentive obsessive Ford people in the world really care whether the plug wires and other crap are date code correct. Maybe another 20 people expect a drag pack engine car to have the original engine after 35 years. The overwhelming majority of the rest of the prospective buyers only want to be certain it is a real Shelby and a real drag pack with the real colors. As the owner of a collection of over 30 cars I don't think it makes any real difference in value to 99.9 % percent of buyers whether or not the carb is date code correct or the air cleaner is correct for the car.

This car is the real deal and is one of the three best 69 CVs in the world even if the car may or may not have a correct radiator cap? LOL
Old 11-25-2005, 08:51 AM

Les, I agree with your sentiments on what Most FORD people think and on what you believe. But after having Owned a COPO Camaro and learned about the Chevy situation on Authenticating their Cars, WOW! FORD People have always been able to Authenticate their cars basicly by their own serial Number. GM played a Dirty trick on these Chevy folks and are continuing to do so. That is why they have to Have everything correct or as correct as possible. But with a 30 Car collection, I am 99% certain you are already aware of this dilemma. and for what it is worth, I believe your intentions for discussing this Car were not malicious in the first place but looking out for others best interests who may be considering a purchase.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:14 PM

Great job Les. You calling me anal, LOL.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:37 PM

Calling US anal Stuart and the other 10 of us. LOL

Tenney,
How did you know PMUM? I sure miss him. One of the best guys I ever knew.