Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-Wanted

Please note

Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 PM

Default Convertible project wanted

Hi !
I am looking for a decent convertible project or maybe a running car. The engine and trans could be missing as long as not all the little parts around them are missing to. I would prefer a Chevelle (or a Camaro) but could be interested in a midsize Pontiac/Olds/Buick as well.
It´s a big plus if it´s not torn to pieces, if there is little or no rust, or if all the pieces are there and in decent shape. I´m looking for a car in the $10-15.000 range since new regulations over here has severely increased the cost of importing American cars.
If you have a project-car sitting that you would consider selling, or maybe your brother-in-law has one, then please send me an e-mail with some information and of course some pics to.
I´m open to all suggestions. [email protected]

Thanks !
Anders
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-18-2010, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Convertible project wanted

My sister lives in Tampa, Florida and has a
...Red 1968 Dodge Dart GT Convertible for ($2500 )
and
....a Blue 1967 Dodge Dart GT Convertible for ($9500 )
...I sent you an email with photos....
Let me know if you will be interested in one or both of them.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:25 AM

Have a nice 69 Chevelle conv 396 Th400 12 bolt/ disc/ it was frame offed and never finished needs to be finished. the car was done with all New NOS gm sheetmetal 15 years ago painted and was beeing driven and then the frame was dropped out of it and done . everything freshend up but never finished. factory red car black/ balck, bench, tilt, sport wheel, 5 spoke wheels a deal for someone.

Jim
Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 PM

Jim, we found a very cheap -72 Skylark convertible but will still consider other options.
I assume the body on the Chevelle is good ? How about the engine/trans/rear, has anything been done to the drivetrain ? Is the car in pieces right now ? Any pics ?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I have a 68 Camaro RS convertible that need about everything. #'s matching 327/PG, British racing green, black deluxe int.

Jason
Old 03-05-2010, 05:42 PM

hey make sure the bumpers are good, I had little old lady '72 a few years ago..unless things have changed recently trying to find bumpers is like trying to find L-78 chicken lip air cleaners ,the rubber guard is usually toast and not ropopped, if your rechroming. I had to buy a car to get at just the bumpers ask around at the V-8 buick site on what that car needs before buying it, just some friendly advice not easy playing with buicks, cool cars but man a PITA to get stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
Jim, we found a very cheap -72 Skylark convertible but will still consider other options.
I assume the body on the Chevelle is good ? How about the engine/trans/rear, has anything been done to the drivetrain ? Is the car in pieces right now ? Any pics ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-05-2010, 07:49 PM

Thanks for your advice Bud. I will check those bumpers.
Especially the one at the rear is one big piece of metal.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:09 AM

We got the Skylark last week and I started working on it right away. My friend in New Britain who found it told me it was a very solid car, and he sure seems to be right. There is rust in some places but the floorboards, trunk, rockers etc are very solid. And the bumpers are fine to with some light surface rust on the backside of them. This car will be a driver so we don´t care about minor wear etc. We will repaint the car now and probably change the top next winter.

Thanks to all of you for your help !