Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Old 03-30-2022, 09:22 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts
Default 2022 Heck-Kitty Redeye

I have been anticipating the build of my narrow body Redeye that I ordered on 02/17/22.

I decided to order one of these monsters since it appears that we are in the final stages of the second age of the dinosaurs and the upcoming extinction event that is to happen next year at Stellantis (formerly known as Dodge).

It is 1971 once again, and this the last chance to get your 426 Hemi in a new car. Only this time you can get something that has the power of two 426 hemis. :-)

Things seem to have progressed rapidly, as I believe I just dodged (no pun intended) a bullet in the last 24 hours as Dodge just announced to the dealers that it has prohibited any new orders on the widebody Hellcat, Redeye, Superstock, and Jail Break models without explanation just yesterday morning.

Here's the progress, which appears to be quite rapid from what others have gone through at the Hellcat.org site.

02/17/2022 order date Vehicle Order Number (VON) received from Koons Dodge in Tysons Corner, VA

02/18/2022 VIN assigned, D status

03/16/2022 D1 status with estimated ship date of 03/30/2022

03/29/2022: Production status E finished, currently located at station G (trim)

03/30/2022: Pending final inspection I status

Here's the actual code listing schematic:

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your car to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off to upfitters.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The car is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the car. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

Dodge has an SRT Call Center hotline (885) 778-8326 where you can call them and get an update on what the current status of your order is, but they arent allowed to give you the exact status code. (Allegedly) although I have had some fun creatively getting around that edict, and the hotline operators seem to have a sense of humer and enjoy a good conversation. Here's how it went this morning:

Today I got a wonderful lady of my age range and we basically played a game of Jeopardy. It was hysterical. I said "Well, I know you can't give the status code but my car was in the trim line in G status a short while ago, so if my car left the prexisting spot it was in at last check-in, and was moving at a preterminined proprietary assembly line speed, would the current status be between the letters of G and lets say J?" She laughed and said: "I plead the Fifth". She was awesome. I hope I get her tomorrow when I call. Her name has been changed to protect the innocent. I'll call her "Elvira".

Last edited by njsteve; 03-30-2022 at 10:24 PM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry transcipt dodge chat.jpg Tracking Website 11-15-22 edit.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6632a.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4517.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-30-2022, 09:41 PM

The dealership I ordered it from is Koons Tyson Corner in Virginia. They advertise as the #1 Hellcat seller in the US. They offer a group purchase through the Hellcat.org website at 6% under INVOICE with no deposit required! This ends up being around $10 grand under MSRP with the current $1000 rebate available. Quite a deal when you consider that all the local dealers around that I called wanted MSRP plus imbecilic "Added Dealer Markups" and demanded non refundable deposits in the thousands of dollars with no actual proof that they had any allocations available - which is absolutely vital if you want something like the JailBreak model.

I wanted the sleeper-looking, narrow body version (not the wide body) since it is the lightest body you can get the 797 HP engine (the repurposed Demon engine and drivetrain rated 100 rpm lower on the powerband so it is 797 @ 6300 instead of 807 @ 6400 in the Superstock model LOL) P.S. the official SAE dyno sheets that Dodge had to submit show the engine actually puts out 814 hp @ 6400/719 lbft torque @ 4800.

Here's what the car will look like: I ordered it in Octane Red with the Demonic Red interior, the granite pocket wheels and the Harmon Kardon stereo. (and whatever mandatory technology packages that came with the Redeye package that you are not able to decline).

No stripes, no hood pins, no black out crap that would entail it going to the upfitter location plant where hundreds of them happen to be currently sitting awaiting those additional parts to be delivered (from what I hear)
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 03-30-2022 at 10:04 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
427TJ (04-01-2022), markinnaples (03-31-2022), scuncio (03-31-2022), Steve Shauger (03-31-2022), YenkoYS-199Stinger (03-31-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 10:42 PM

Update: I just checked the Dodge website a minute ago and the build sheet just popped up so the car must have passed inspection! This is getting exciting.

(it's an 8-page PDF and I cant seem to post it on the site here. Only jpegs)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
427TJ (04-01-2022), dustinm (03-31-2022), luv2sixty9 (04-01-2022), RPOLS3 (03-31-2022), Steve Shauger (03-31-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 11:38 PM

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,346 Posts

Sounds as tense as waiting for the water to break and the run to the dealer...

Congrats on getting your car built.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
Old 03-31-2022, 01:34 AM

LOL. My son texted me right after I alerted him to the build progress, today. He said "Can we go pick up this weekend?"

I told him: "Not unless we roadtrip to Canada"

It could be another month til it actually arrives at the dealership down in Virginia.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:40 AM

Reading the broadcast sheet I found an interesting code near the end: It said:

"Special Scheduling Condition VII"

There's some interesting threads on what that internal code means on the interwebs.

1) Some bigwig in the company heirarchy somewhere pushed my order through, (doubtful) or
2) Maybe they are scheduling them in color batches because of a shortage of a certain other paint colors, or
3) They just happened to notice that they had all the parts for my low-option car and decided to rush build it the moment they noticed the supply was there...before someone grabbed the parts for a different car that was in missing component limbo.

And it seams that people are really starting to freak out over the stop order on any new orders for the Hellcats, Redeyes and Superstock widebody models. Dodge has so many unfilled existing orders outstanding, it could be that they were afraid they won't be able to finish them in time for the end of the 2022 model year. Just a few months back, Dodge cancelled hundreds of 2021 orders in December 2021 that they did not allow to be transferred to 2022s because they altered the model configurations by introducing the more expensive JailBreak model and then decontenting the standard Redeye Widebody to no stripe options, wheel options, or interior options. And the Jailbreaks are also limited to two allocations per dealer, but that didn't stop hundreds of other dealers from putting in unallocated orders and hoping Dodge would pick them up later. (which is not happening)

Last edited by njsteve; 03-31-2022 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:37 AM

I ordered a 22 Super Stock on 3/11 and got the VIN the very next day. White Knuckle with the only options being Harmon Kardon Audio group and the rear seat delete.

If it's the same time frame as my 21 Super Stock, it will be 15 weeks until delivery day.
That one was also Octane red. Very pretty color.

The Challenger SRT forum has a feature where you can check daily for your build sheet and Monroney sticker. It's at the top of the home page. Just type in your VIN to check.

Unfortunately the 21 Super Stock met an untimely demise with only 386 miles on the clock. Yes, I totaled it.

Since you did a factory order, your name will also be in the upper right hand corner of the Monroney. Kinda cool.

i also have a 22 TRX, which I think is even more fun to drive than the Super Stock.

Last edited by MikeJesse; 03-31-2022 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJesse View Post
I ordered a 22 Super Stock on 3/11 and got the VIN the very next day. White Knuckle with the only options being Harmon Kardon Audio group and the rear seat delete.

If it's the same time frame as my 21 Super Stock, it will be 15 weeks until delivery day.
That one was also Octane red. Very pretty color.

The Challenger SRT forum has a feature where you can check daily for your build sheet and Monroney sticker. It's at the top of the home page. Just type in your VIN to check.

Unfortunately the 21 Super Stock met an untimely demise with only 386 miles on the clock. Yes, I totaled it.

Since you did a factory order, your name will also be in the upper right hand corner of the Monroney. Kinda cool.

i also have a 22 TRX, which I think is even more fun to drive than the Super Stock.
UGH! That's terrible about your 21 Superstock! Looks like you just got your order in, under the wire! And you got the VIN which means its going to get built. The stop order went into effect last week.

BTW the same dealer is offering 11% or $10,000 under MSRP on the TRX's, in case you need another.

Thanks for the SRT Forum link. It is the same one that I was using without going directly to the Dodge website.

Last edited by njsteve; 03-31-2022 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
UGH! That's terrible about your Superstock! BTW the same dealer is offering 10% under invoice or $11,000 under MSRP on the TRX's, in case you need another.
What are those Trx going for?
Old 03-31-2022, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
What are those Trx going for?
Here's the link to the dealer's thread. Oh and I corrected the offer: it was 11% under MSRP or $10,000 under MSRP whichever you prefer.

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/pric...quired.251275/
The Following User Says Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
Crush (03-31-2022)