Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Auctions

Old 12-01-2022, 07:16 PM

Thanked 136,487 Times in 22,778 Posts
Arrow Yenko Deuce

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-53...t-yenko-deuce/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lee Stewart For This Useful Post:
Big Block Bill (12-02-2022), jwbavalon (12-01-2022), olredalert (12-01-2022)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-02-2022, 02:54 AM

Thanked 7,178 Times in 1,578 Posts

In the ad it says MCACN Nationals Pick Award 2021. This car was not at MCACN in '21 or any other year that I know of. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong about that. I believe this car is W352661 and was originally Gobi Beige. I heard it was being restored. I assumed they would return it to its original color. It was Daytona Yellow for many years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrays For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (12-02-2022), PeteLeathersac (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 04:20 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrays View Post
In the ad it says MCACN Nationals Pick Award 2021. This car was not at MCACN in '21 or any other year that I know of. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong about that. I believe this car is W352661 and was originally Gobi Beige. I heard it was being restored. I assumed they would return it to its original color. It was Daytona Yellow for many years.
Indeed, this car has not been shown at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals and it has not earned any MCACN show awards.

It DID earn a Pick Award at the Muscle Car Adventures event in Wisconsin. We are a sponsor for that cool event and this car was one of the participating cars that received a Pick award. To the best of my knowledge, there are no judged awards presented at the Muscle Car Adventures. The "Greedy" award was presented to the owner of the car, and does not apply to the actual car. (that is another Pick award)

There is no doubt that it is a gorgeous and very real automobile, but as stated, it has never been shown or judged at the MCACN show. We will let the Mecum folks know...

Bashton
www.mcacn.com

Last edited by bashton; 12-02-2022 at 04:24 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
bergy (12-03-2022), John (12-12-2022), mrays (12-02-2022), PeteLeathersac (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 09:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Very interesting Deuce as it is the only one known to have been delivered with the "SS trim option."

The prior owner drove it to the www.musclecaradventures.com touring event at the Chula Vista Resort in the Wisconsin Dells.

As Bob mention there are no judged awards, just pick awards for fun.

MCACN Nationals "Sponsor" Pick Award 2021.......

Greedy Muscle Car Award 2021.......awarded to the owner for having had so many muscle cars over the years.

Muscle Car Adventures 1st Place Award.......No such award

Featured in Super Chevy, Muscle Car Review and Chevy HP magazines..........

Info provided in at least one article states it had the original engine, which this car like many others does NOT have its original engine. I do not recall about the transmission or rear end.
olredalert (12-03-2022), PeteLeathersac (12-02-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 05:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,609 Times in 495 Posts
[QUOTE=Stefano;1607243]Very interesting Deuce as it is the only one known to have been delivered with the "SS trim option."

Stefano...

This is the first Deuce I have seen with that exterior trim package...but it is not an "SS" trim option. The SS package on the Nova included some distinct trim items like; the hood louvers, SS badging, chrome edges on fender louvers, blacked out front grill and headlight bezels.

Any of the various interior or exterior trim packages could be added to any Nova...the SS option had nothing to do with it. That is why we see some Nova SS cars with a plain jane bench seat and rubber mat and others with buckets and a console. Same with the exterior...some were plain, no trim. Others had brite window moldings and/or rocker trim or body side molding and even pinstripes, depending on how you ordered it. Of course vinyl roof cars typically had the drip rail molding.

Nova Resource has a great section on all the trim options that lists all the details...the first link will take you to site map with all the listings. The next 2 links have details on the exterior trim options, the last one covers SS features.

https://www.novaresource.org/sitemap.htm

https://www.novaresource.org/rpo_ZJ2.htm

https://www.novaresource.org/rpo_ZJ5.htm

https://www.novaresource.org/rpo_Z26.htm

Regardless of the trim it is a really cool Nova...
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro