Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 AM

Default Question about Motion Widebody Corvettes

I have a question maybe someone on here can answer..I've heard that there was a Motion widebody corvette built before the Spyders probably around 1974 or 1975 , it is supposedly based on the Greenwood IMSA race panels, and that it was a Cafe Racer with a Phase III type hood..I have found a "CAN AM" ad from 1976, that I can't make out too well..I don't know if that is the "Phase III Cafe Racer" that I have heard mentioned or if that is another car (perhaps the Duntov mule)..I have also seen at least 5 different Motion "Spyders" with different front and rear treatments on the covers of older magazines from 77 to about 83,I have also seen several widebodys (in magazines also from the early 80's) made by Custom Enterprises with Phase III logos on them.. but I have yet to see a picture of any Widebody racer or Spyder with a Phase III hood..does anyone know of ,and or have a picture of such a beast?? Thanks J.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Question about Motion Widebody Corvettes

remember all those pieces could be purchased over the counter in any combo. so a couple of buddies with a glue gun and a case of beer may assemble a one of a kind very easily.

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Question about Motion Widebody Corvettes

Yeah I know, and I'm sure some of the magazine cars are catalog jobs. I'm sure some of the places that built Joel's cars also built their own ones too..etc.. but I have not ever seen a widebody with the Phase III GT hood..I'm just wondering if anybody has an old picture of one, catalog car or not..Thanks.J.