Default Re: the SHELBY breaks into the 10's

These cars just don't do it for me.

Patrick
Old 09-13-2006, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]+ Everybody on this site loves the 60's Muscle and the whole competition that occurred between the big 3 automakers. that era is being resurrected and this is the beginning of it all. it is a new generations time to have cars that they will talk about 20-30 years from now. the next time you are out in your classic, and feeling the power under the hood with a smile on your face, 90% of the people driving by have no clue as to what you are behind the wheel of. nor do they care. and their father probably did not care in the 60's either. but for the 10% who break their necks getting a look at your ride, it is all worth it. much like an old "Bachman Turner Overdrive" song coming on the radio that takes you back to your youth, the sight of these cars does the same for those that remember. and that happens with all generations. beside the fact that <font color="blue">FORD BLUE </font> flows thru my veins, I think it is very cool to see guys doing it to a "NEW CAR" just like the guys did in the 60's. I guess this is a Modern "Day 2" Car!! and that is a real cool thing.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]+ Everybody on this site loves the 60's Muscle and the whole competition that occurred between the big 3 automakers. that era is being resurrected and this is the beginning of it all. it is a new generations time to have cars that they will talk about 20-30 years from now. the next time you are out in your classic, and feeling the power under the hood with a smile on your face, 90% of the people driving by have no clue as to what you are behind the wheel of. nor do they care. and their father probably did not care in the 60's either. but for the 10% who break their necks getting a look at your ride, it is all worth it. much like an old "Bachman Turner Overdrive" song coming on the radio that takes you back to your youth, the sight of these cars does the same for those that remember. and that happens with all generations. beside the fact that <font color="blue">FORD BLUE </font> flows thru my veins, I think it is very cool to see guys doing it to a "NEW CAR" just like the guys did in the 60's. I guess this is a Modern "Day 2" Car!! and that is a real cool thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get what what your saying! When I look at a 67 GT500 I get that feeling. One of the best looking musclecars from that era.

I'm just not getting it with this car. Maybe that will change.

Patrick
Old 09-27-2006, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 05 GT, trust me, it's muscle all the way. I love the camaro, but it seems as if GM has not only missed the boat, they have not even made it to the dock yet.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to mmcporter

I think I'd rather have an '05 GT and spend the $20K-$40K differential in the net price of a "GT500" (thank you greedy dealers) on meaningful enhancements. The '05 GT would end up being more potent for probably 1/2 the money. Or wait for the Shelby GT that will be a much better performance buy--less weight and less $$.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Yenko Paid Member

At the 45K price tag it was a great price for a great car. Greed being what it is on these cars,the new asking prices of around 65 to 70K make it not such a good deal. Id take a Saleen car all day long at 55K,or step up a few dollars and get a z06 and blow the shelbys doors in.. Graphics and name aside,a shelby is a glorified GT with more horsepower,the gt costing 28K. The extra 40K over the GT price isnt worth it. As can be easily predicted, when the 2008 shelby,whether it be a gt500kr or a better shelby, these 2007s will lose 20K as soon as the orders come in for the 2008s. I was hell bent on getting a 2007 for months but got real turned off by the dealers promising 40 people the same car and having deposits from each, but ill wait and get one with a few 1000 miles on it for 35K next year...People dont realize collectible is only a thing of the past..That was proven with every special edition car from the 78 pace car and every pace car after it,to the early ZR1s and so forth.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:21 AM

the king makes a lot of sense.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...People dont realize collectible is only a thing of the past..That was proven with every special edition car from the 78 pace car and every pace car after it,to the early ZR1s and so forth.

[/ QUOTE ]
And all this time I thought *I* was the only one thinking that...
Old 10-10-2006, 02:18 AM

Ditto 427King &amp; Rob.