Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-Wanted

Please note

Old 10-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Documented Z28

I need a Killer Z28 with #'s matching and documentation.
Needs to be a good color and a CrossRam would be ideal...

[email protected]

Please nothing with Bad history !!
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-26-2006, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Documented Z28

Talk to Jeff...

69Motion
Old 10-26-2006, 11:30 AM

Have you seem or talked to Jerry macNeish with his 69Z he has for sale? Docs are excellent..!

68 COPO Camaro 9737 non-converted YENKO
69 YENKO SC Camaro, Hugger Orange - born with engine!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:49 PM

Rich you have a PM Doug
Old 10-27-2006, 06:21 PM

I have a good friend of mine who I have known since 5th grade who has that "killer" Z you are looking for with the CrossRam. It is the first car he ever bought and I'll never forget him coming over to my house very early on a Saturday morning in July of 1978 to wake me up to look at it and go for a ride. It was about 6:15 AM when he pulled in the drive way and you could hear the rumble. He knew I was working as a painter that summer and always left 7:00 AM to catch my ride to get to work. Mom and Dad were not too happy as they were trying to sleep in a bit that day as the neighbors had a party the night before. He bought it from the original owner with 56K miles complete with all the paper work. It was Lemans bLue with a white stripe. My friend and his car is what got me into Camaros and within two weeks of his visit I bought my first one. The rest is history as they say.

In the summer of our senior year in high school he painted the car Cortez Silver with a black stripe. He did it right with Lacquer paint and it looks awesome. This was the summer of 1980 and that paint job cost him around 4K. We all joked with him that paint job cost him more than the car. Somewhere around 1988 or so he parked the car in his Mom's garage and there it still sits today. Has not been turned over since '91. I believe it shows 71K miles on it now. I have offered to help him get back on the road as well as offering to buy it from him each year for the last 7 years but can't get him to do anything. He was the last of us to get married after only dating his "bride" for 14 years before he took the plunge. The old gang gathered at his wedding 4 years ago and urged him to get the car out but no luck. Even his bride wants him to do it. She's a great girl and has asked me to try and get him to get the car back on the road again. The guy is a very good wrencher and taught me a thing or two so I know he can do it if he wants to but for some reason the car is just sitting there in a single car garage that was built in the 40's so you can imagine how cramped it is. He lives about 20 miles from his Mom today.

Someday that car will come out of that garage and we'll see it on the road again. I can only hope that the next garage it get's parked in is mine if and when my friend decides to sell.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a good friend of mine who I have known since 5th grade who has that "killer" Z you are looking for with the CrossRam. It is the first car he ever bought and I'll never forget him coming over to my house very early on a Saturday morning in July of 1978 to wake me up to look at it and go for a ride. It was about 6:15 AM when he pulled in the drive way and you could hear the rumble. He knew I was working as a painter that summer and always left 7:00 AM to catch my ride to get to work. Mom and Dad were not too happy as they were trying to sleep in a bit that day as the neighbors had a party the night before. He bought it from the original owner with 56K miles complete with all the paper work. It was Lemans bLue with a white stripe. My friend and his car is what got me into Camaros and within two weeks of his visit I bought my first one. The rest is history as they say.

In the summer of our senior year in high school he painted the car Cortez Silver with a black stripe. He did it right with Lacquer paint and it looks awesome. This was the summer of 1980 and that paint job cost him around 4K. We all joked with him that paint job cost him more than the car. Somewhere around 1988 or so he parked the car in his Mom's garage and there it still sits today. Has not been turned over since '91. I believe it shows 71K miles on it now. I have offered to help him get back on the road as well as offering to buy it from him each year for the last 7 years but can't get him to do anything. He was the last of us to get married after only dating his "bride" for 14 years before he took the plunge. The old gang gathered at his wedding 4 years ago and urged him to get the car out but no luck. Even his bride wants him to do it. She's a great girl and has asked me to try and get him to get the car back on the road again. The guy is a very good wrencher and taught me a thing or two so I know he can do it if he wants to but for some reason the car is just sitting there in a single car garage that was built in the 40's so you can imagine how cramped it is. He lives about 20 miles from his Mom today.

Someday that car will come out of that garage and we'll see it on the road again. I can only hope that the next garage it get's parked in is mine if and when my friend decides to sell.

[/ QUOTE ] and your point is??? I thought the guy wanted a car to buy not a story that ends with another "Not for Sale deal"!! Cripes, I was waiting for Lassie to enter the saga as the Flower girl at the wedding !!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:22 AM

Jerry also has a killer 67 Z-28 that is for sale full docs and all. Have seen it in person perhaps the nicest one out there. Beautiful car it wears it's original paint and is a survivor.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:15 AM

[/ QUOTE ] and your point is???
I thought the guy wanted a car to buy not a story that ends with another "Not for Sale deal"!!
Cripes, I was waiting for Lassie to enter the saga as the Flower girl at the wedding !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny LOL - that's what I was thinking too.