Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 AM

Default NEW CAMARO DRAG RACR CAR

JUST WANTED TO GET ANY THOUGHTS ON IF GM WILL MAKE A PRUE RACE VERSON OF THE NEW CAMARO. LIKE THE CHALLENGER RACE CAR AND NOW FORD HAS THE NEW RACE ONLY COBRA JET. I THINK DON GARLITS GOT ONE OF THE FIRST NEW CHALLENGERS AND JOHN FORCE GOT ONE OF THE COBRA JETS WE ALL SAW IT ON B & J LAST NIGHT AND I HAVE THE NEW CHALLENGER IN SOME OF THE MUSCLE CAR MAGS. IT WOULD BE SWEET IF GM MADE A RACE ONLY COPO WITH THE LS9 MOTOR. AND COMMENTS ANY ONE
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 AM

Default Re: NEW CAMARO DRAG RACR CAR

Firstly, hit your "caps lock" button...

Secondly, there are rumors are a 'body in white' Camaro coming in the near future, but I doubt a rolling S/S version of the Camaro (ala Mustang & Challenger) happens...as a matter of fact, last I knew the certainty of a new Camaro itself was still up in the air due to the economy as well as an issue with lack of interior pieces (supplier declared bankruptcy)...
Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 PM

At SEMA GM showed a Camaro 2010 with LS7 engine. It was part of a GMPP package that included a driveshaft loop, headers and some more stuff. The meaning of this package was to get a dragracer out of the new Camaro.

There haven't been any pure S/S Camaros like the Challenger but I wouldn't be surprised if one showed up soon.

The body in white will be just that, an empty body shell, it is even without a VIN. The intentions for the body in white is for racers to build what ever chassi and suspension they would need for the application.

Jan
My Car My Book My Photos
Old 01-19-2009, 03:22 PM

SONDS LIKE WE COULD GET SOMETHING REALLY WICKED FORM GM IN THE NEAR FURTURE. I KNOW I WOULD CONSIDER ONE YOU CULD NOT BUILD ONE FOR LESS MONEY AND IT WOULD MOST LIKELY NOT BE AS GOOD OF A CAR. BOY IF FORD AND CAN DO AND DOGE CAN DO THEN GM COULD DO. BOY WOULD THAT BE NICE