Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 06-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

Enough of this drama already. Larry's computer and filing cabinets rifled through and his titles and keys stolen while people that are supposed to be his friends witnessed the entire thing and these friends continue to drive by these "stolen" vehicles that the police see fit to do nothing about. Did I read this right? Then if I did I'm sorry, because you're not selling me this story. There's obviously another side to this tale that we are not being told about. Larry told me in person recently that he had a kitchen fire and lost several titles. Why hasn't that come up yet? If by chance he hadn't transferred anyone of these titles to his name and then lost that title in the fire, wouldn't ownership revert back to a previous owner?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:24 AM

Mercy.... I had no idea. Andy just wrote me to tell me, and I'm in shock. I don't get the newspaper here and had no clue. I haven't heard from him at all in the last year, so I don't know what happened and have not read all this thread yet. But I'm in shock of what I did read.

Larry was a great guy, at least in the last few years that I knew him. We talked a good deal a few years ago, and he was actually the only one from this board I ever met.

What a shame.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:11 AM

I drive by the building on Sheridan once a week, and the last time I paid any attention he had the front entrance blocked by several difficult to move objects.

I have no idea what happened to his cars, but did take a cheerful grin at the bumper sticker on his web page.

I have instructed my brother and best friend years ago to come straight over to my house and get all my goodies out when I die. Don't morn, don't cry, and don't waste time. I don't want my Ex wife getting her hands on anything, and certain people to get certain things. I don't want greed of one person or the courts deciding who gets what. I have no clue if Larry had any such preconcieved notations, but that may be possible.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Enough of this drama already. Larry's computer and filing cabinets rifled through and his titles and keys stolen while people that are supposed to be his friends witnessed the entire thing and these friends continue to drive by these "stolen" vehicles that the police see fit to do nothing about. Did I read this right? Then if I did I'm sorry, because you're not selling me this story. There's obviously another side to this tale that we are not being told about. Larry told me in person recently that he had a kitchen fire and lost several titles. Why hasn't that come up yet? If by chance he hadn't transferred anyone of these titles to his name and then lost that title in the fire, wouldn't ownership revert back to a previous owner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark, I have no idea who you are and frankly don't care. What I do know is the facts as I have laid them out. If you have a positive contribution, such as watching for the cars to "re-surface" or helping out by posting this theft on other sites and in publications, then that is fine. Please do so.

The items stolen from Larry's were taken - other than the titles and the pickup/van [supposedly for "safekeeping"] - after the house and buildings were thought secure by the court-appointed administrator. The return of the items was ordered and some were surrendered. All items taken were not known by the Sheriff's Department when the order was served. I believe the list is now much more complete and the person will be served with a detailed list requiring surrendering the items.

This response is an update for the readers of the thread who are concerned for the preservation of equitable justice.

As for your snide posts, Mark, as I pointed out, if you cannot be an aid to this, please refrain from depressing the keys on your keyboard. You are not aware of what has happened/is happening. Until you are "in the know" as Ed and I are, kindly keep your speculation to yourself.

By the way, Mark, are you more "in the know" [as your posts seem to intimate] than you could be by reading what has been posted about this scumbag theif's desecration of my friend Larry? If you are, maybe you need to be interrogated, as well. If not, keep your conjecture to yourself. It clouds the issue.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:20 AM

Hey Perry, if you want to turn this into a witch hunt and threaten me with interrogation than we'll take this off-line. YOU HAVE A PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 PM

Thanked 1,622 Times in 497 Posts

Heard about this tragedy while we were at Gm Carlisle...very sad and disturbing. I spoke to Larry a number of times about his BB Nova and other hotrod issues. He did mention a kitchen fire in one of our chats awhile back. Hopefully there will be some positive outcome that sets things right. My condolences to friends and family.

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 06-29-2006, 08:47 AM

A little more right has been made.

Following the updates to the TPD, the pickup truck and the van have been recovered and the "other" party has been set up for a formal questioning and possibly to have the premises searched. I geuss it takes a while to get a search warrant. The detective in charge of this has been great in his communications.

Maybe through the questioning of the guy a few lights will get turned on and some questions answered.

Still have a lot of property to recover, but moving forward.

Thanks to all who have volunteered their help and condolences. It is greatly appreciated. Keep it up.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please help

Sorry to hear this my Condolenses to his family.May he rest in peace.Hope someone catches the thieves too.That is terrible.

Ray
Old 07-11-2006, 03:04 PM

<font color="#666666">I'm sorry to hear about the untimely &amp; unfortunate passing of an internet friend.
Always having helpful words &amp; funny sayings.
Larry will be missed by all.
Heres to you, for all you've left with us.

BTW: Great pictorial done for the July frontpage. </font>
Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

Just a quick update... I spoke with the detective yesterday. To date the location of all of Larry's cars and parts that were stolen is still unknown.. They are working hard to find out who is responsible and following up on known leads and looking for new ones. So I'm just asking everyone to keep their eyes and ears alert should some new information pop up by word of mouth or something show up for sale in local auto traders or ebay or somewhere else on the internet. Thanks everyone. I have a feeling this is long till over...