Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 10-18-2010, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Indoor Drag Racing International Amphitheater

I found the list! For your viewing pleasure. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Attached Images

DVD's for Musclecar fans! MusclecarFilms.com
Old 10-19-2010, 01:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

In the middle of the page running B/SA is Don Stanley.......Don is the owner of TSI transmissions in Addison and is still racing at the Grove......How cool is that

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 10-19-2010, 02:34 AM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

And the fact that you know of all of these people... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2011, 02:55 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks to be a '63 Dodge 330 sedan (steel front end) in the far lane with an &quot;A/S&quot; which would most likely indicate a Max Wedge stick from that era.

My '62 Plymouth S/S has raced at the Amphitheatre. Concrete pillars in close proximity to the race track? What could go wrong [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]?

Cool stuff. Thanks! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt">Looking closer, there appears to be an &quot;A&quot; as in A/S<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">A</span></span></span> on the window. That makes sense as the Poncho is definitiely an auto tranny. So the venerable 727 3 speed HD push button auto!</span>
</span>
</div></div>

that Dodge is the very same one thats sitting in my garage..was know as &quot;TAMELESS&quot;...was in fact a 426 StageII w/3spd on the floor..was ordered new from GrandSpaulding Dodge or better known as Mr Norms...was only beaten once and that was narrowly by a 4dr 64 Dodge with the new 4spd and super rare HEMI...

as it sits now whole I am back to work on him..

Old 10-24-2011, 03:10 AM

Well that is just cool. Congrats. Quite a record. What are your ultimate plans for it?

Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well that is just cool. Congrats. Quite a record. What are your ultimate plans for it? </div></div>

I have chassied and back halved it..I have an AlterKtion front K assembly complete with tubular upper and lower control arms w/coil overs and rack n pinion steer..

the original plans were to race him..after racing our Duster for a few years and seeing the costs..I decided to put the Dodge on the street which bu the way it never saw...thats why the body has no rot or rust..

it was repainted by the second owner from its original white w/blue interior..I am the 4th owner..when I bought TAMELESS, he was stripped out..no interior but 2 high back buckets and a bad mini tub by the original owner..he blew up the 426 and replaced it with a built 440 and TF trans...the rear was replaced with a DANA 60 that was narrowed and carried 5.13 gears..

the rear tires were M&amp;H 31x13 slicks with Moroso Front runners all on Cragar Super Tricks...he had a B&amp;M ratchet shifter which was IN at the time..looking at the front frame rails, I could see where they were cut and removed , then replaced...I left the shackle brackets on where at one time he had parallel leaf springs and an I beam axle off a Dodge van...

the dash was also altered..in the trunk area he had cut a large hole where the spare tire once was and mounted a VW gas tank..

heres the real deal in an effort to lighten the car..the front end was acid dipped..fenders and doors...lighter than todays fiberglass..

so yes it is a true 426 MaxWedge stage II..had the numbers ran and there it was, clear as day in the official MOPAR VIN decoder book, the same one that Galen uses...

so Im building a fast street car capable of running 9's at any given moment..the engine is out of the Duster we sold along with a CRT 727 trans...Im selling the 8inch PTC conveter w/5500 stall and I picked up a Dynamic 9 1/2 inch that will stall about 4600 ...at the moment Im cleaning up welds and such where I had left off in 2004...had my 65 GTO in a bubble sitting in its place for 11 years and finaly took that out of the garage and stored the GTO in the trailer..

so thats it in a nut shell...here are some links...enjoy

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../1963%20Dodge/

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...e%20back%20in/
Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 PM

I love your Old School Mopar.. w/history [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gif[/img]way cool.

DH [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]