Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 05-31-2022, 12:28 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I messaged the seller via Ebay.

Me: Did I miss where you disclosed the car had a salvage title and was in a rollover accident?
https://autoauctions.io/public/30921...ntiac-trans-am

Reply from the seller this morning @ 0809 hours: You did not miss that disclosure because I was not aware of this and thanks for finding that .. Really appreciated

On another note, I once bought a CJ7 from a head of the GBI(Ga Bureau of Investigation). When I put the front windshield down there was a note that had slipped between the windshield and the dash. It was from a friend of the seller telling him that the friend was sorry to hear the seller rolled his new Jeep.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to southernfriedcj For This Useful Post:
olredalert (05-31-2022), Tracker1 (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 04:10 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

My understanding from the TA community is that one of the extremely rare 1973 Brewster Green 4-speed Super Duty 455 Trans Ams was basically a horseshoe before its restoration.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:17 PM

It amazes me how well written some of the descriptions are:

"'73 Pontiac Trans AM the legendary TA with an unaltered 455 V8 and factory 4-speed. Purchased from the original owner, this car has maintenance records from new. Car sold new in Dry Colorado and spend most of its life there. Shows no sign of rust or rust repair, finished in Brewster green (1-year only color) with one respray and the palamino interior is new. Optioned with power steering and brakes and an 8-track, this car is solid, handles well and the meticulous care its had is most evident."

Everything is I suppose technically correct while carefully dancing around the rollover event. I wonder if the "maintenance records" show the time spent in the body shop for the rollover damage? Somebody got an A in their creative writing course!

It is also a bit surprising that the dealer would not have Googled the VIN at some point. The first hit is the rollover damage. Guess they were in a hurry to get it listed for sale.