Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-28-2005, 05:50 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 yenko chevelle on ebay

You should since I was there during the change over period. Yenko sold the dealership in late 81' and the last of the Yenko Turbo Z's were then finished at Yenko Subaru. One of which my Dad still owns to this day. Yenko Sports Cars was located in the rear of the old Canonsburg Dealership that was by then Saab...BKH
Old 05-28-2005, 06:06 AM

then you should know about this car...Mike mentioned that...
Old 05-28-2005, 06:40 AM

Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,173 Posts

This is getting good. How about some WWF divas to really get this going?

Lynn
Old 05-28-2005, 06:49 AM

"Mike purchased from Yenko is the only survivor of the 3 that had the L88's installed by YENKO at SUN CHEVY..."

Look Dude, if the Sun dealership did not exist until 1981 how could Yenko be installing engines there back in 1969?

Many of the people here on this site are absolute experts on Don Yenko and his cars, I bet some could even tell you what color his piss was from the different vitamins he liked and what his favorite breakfast cereal was along with the engraving on the spoon he used to eat it with...give it a rest....To make you feel better why dont you put all the info back up and let these guys disect it for you...
Sam
Old 05-28-2005, 06:49 AM

believe what you guys will.......have fun with it....knock yourselves out.....I'm done with this thread...
Old 05-28-2005, 07:13 AM

Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,173 Posts

Sad thing is this car may have been raced by Don Yenko. Who knows? Unfortunately, the presentation made it look so bad, one can't really tell. Jeff says he knows the owner who acquired it from Don Yenko in 1972, and I see no reason to doubt him. However, you would think there would be some documentation available that would stand up to scrutiny.

Jeff, I hope you weren't offended by my "WWF diva" comment above. I was just having fun. There is a lot of that on this board. Hell, you can even insert an icon of a gremlin with a "CHARLEY SUCKS" sign.

I would really like to see an unbiased critique of the car and all available paperwork. Seems like it is never going to happen, though.

Lynn
Old 05-28-2005, 07:36 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Blown away... Brian tells you that Sun came into being in late 81....You answer "negative". Is that because you are believing everything the Chevelle owner told you ? Brian is pretty good with those facts. Do you have any proof of Sun being aropund before 81 ? Newspaper ad or anything other that what the Chevelle owner told you ? How long have you know the Chevelle guy ? How do you explain the address on the paperwork that puts Yenko at a address they didn't move to till a couple years later ?
Old 05-28-2005, 07:43 AM

Im not offended at all thank you...heres what I'll do...I'll give Mike a call tomorrow if I think about it and get real numbers for all of you.....I'll have him talk slow to me as he has this thick New Jersey whatever and Im in the Chicago area...I'll slowly write down all the info this time to make sure nothing is crossed up...then I will type all this info so all of you can disect it and enjoy your mystery hunt....one more time...the car exsists...who what when or where will all be put to rest after I talk again with Mike...and I dont care what color his piss was or when he took a crap or picked his nose....I offered info...now......why would someone lie about where he bought a car...Mike is not the type to pass off a fake...maybe I got his dates confused thats why Im writing it all down this time so that it can be put to rest......(I won't lose sleep over this)....and by the way.....please lets keep this friendly....I'm too old for this crap.......
Old 05-28-2005, 07:57 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Money is a big motivator for people to fake cars... No other type of 69 Chevelle will bring anywhere near the type of money you say his car sold for. The paperwork he posted was fake. I wish someone had saved the window sticker pic so the bogus parts could be explained to you. This is not a Witch hunt.... There used to be a fellow called Ignitionman on a couple boards that insisted he owned a couple ZL1's and that none of the ZL1's were built at the factory. He made claims every week that were just plain things that he made up. I don't know if this is the same type guy but his paperwork to back up his car condems the car more than just the car with no paperwork might.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blown away... Brian tells you that Sun came into being in late 81....You answer "negative". Is that because you are believing everything the Chevelle owner told you ? Brian is pretty good with those facts. Do you have any proof of Sun being aropund before 81 ? Newspaper ad or anything other that what the Chevelle owner told you ? How long have you know the Chevelle guy ? How do you explain the address on the paperwork that puts Yenko at a address they didn't move to till a couple years later ?

[/ QUOTE ]
like I said.....when I talked with Mike .....who did a lot of research on his car...he was talking a mile a minute...he said some things about SUN Chevy and Yenko's involvement and another dealer name that I couldnt remember...like I said I dont doubt anyone who does this as a hobbiest or historian....I will get the facts written down this time....matter of fact I'll ask him to write it out and send it to me....that way no errors....but guys..this car is for real and it is a COPO...whatever Yenko did to modify this car is documented but not with any registry...maybe thats where all this, I dont believe it, is coming from.....maybe some day,someone will get my car and do a search...someone will clearly say..that aint no real Z/28.... and the debate goes on.....