Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default From the pres.

We are getting several emails and PMs concerning the direction of this site. They feel we are on a slippery slope, headed down hill, and have offered their suggestions.

Some have suggested Rob and I get more involved. No thanks, been there, done that. Everyone wants more moderation, as long as someone else is the bad guy, and of course as long as it does not affect them. Let the authority come down on them, and then watch what happens. If the only way to correct things is Rob and I taking over, enforcing our will, it will not happen, as at the end of the day, all that we will have accomplished is gain more enemies. No thanks, got enough as it is.

Because Rob and I would rather go racing, spend time with our families, etc, and not moderate the site ourselves 24/7, being the entire board police, we rely on others. They are doing the best they can, often times in a no win situation, where the best case scenario is 50% of the ones involved feel you did the right thing.

Contact them, or us, we will listen, and respect your opinion, all we ask in return is you respect ours.

IMO, if we are to get this site back to the way is once was, where there was more emphasis on the cars and having fun, and less on promoting our own thoughts, ideas and agendas, then everyone needs to grow up, quite making all the little jabs, remarks, bashing etc, instead start considering other folk’s feelings and start biting their tongues.

Why can not folks behave on here as we do at the SCR, MCACN and other shows, that is, all show up, do our on thing, be cordial to each other, then go our separate ways. Of course I know why, much easier to be a tough guy behind the keyboard. Though everyone on here are adults, some days you sure could not tell it by their actions..

In closing, I do not look at this as Tom’s board, but rather OUR board. A lot of good people have helped make the club, and this site, what is today. Together we made it one of the top sites on the internet, took the club to heights none of us could have imagined, and together, if we truly care, we can make it even better, and stronger. I honestly believe that.

To me, very simple,,,.
<font color="red"> do unto others as you would have them do unto you </font>

To start the ball rolling, I am going to make a challenge to myself and others. Before making a post, or sending that PM, I am going to take a long hard look at what I have typed before hitting the button, making sure what I have written is something I really feel really needs to be said, something I would say in person, and last but not least, something that others would view as a positive for the site/club.

Any takers?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 PM

Default Re: From the pres.

It's certainly worth a try.

We've all made some long-lasting friendships through our association with this site. Here's to many, many more years of friendship, fellowship and FUN!

My name is Dennis Cumby and I've reviewed and approved this message.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:09 PM

For what it is worth I feel this is a fine site. People are people and nothing is going to change that.
09 Pontiac G8 GT Premium,Sport,Roof. Liquid Red.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:17 PM

Thanks and well said Tom.

SS
Old 03-24-2010, 09:24 PM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

There are WAY more important things in life to worry about than arguing on an internet board...

The offer still stands if you need any extra help moderating...
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM

Let's have some good, clean, old fashioned, American style fun......I'm all for it
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 PM

Tom, I am with you. Let's leave the lack of civility to the U.S. Congress; they have plenty. I hope the mods don't view this as a political post.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

I have only been a member for a year now and I spend a lot of nights digging through the Archives.The knowledge here is incredable!
To me guy's, this site is the Library of the future of these cars, for our childern and others.
Remember;
"Nothing is cut in stone untill it's over"
How do you want to be remembered?
Joe Smith
Old 03-24-2010, 10:13 PM

For what it's worth, this board seem's to me to be way more "mature" and cooperative than many others I visit. Smarter people to based on grammer, and the ability to express themselves in writing (a sort of rare talent these days). Not too many Camero's or Yanko's
Old 03-24-2010, 11:14 PM

Thanked 1,116 Times in 328 Posts

I agree entirely Tom - since we're all human, it occasionally has some rough edges. Thanks for your insight. It's a great site and a wealth of knowledge.