Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 03-12-2022, 12:09 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW31S View Post
The last ‘69 Camaro I owned was a 980 mile ex-NHRA Super Stocker that Bill Izykowski bought new from Reedman. It is an “01B” car, that was originally a 53 50 two-tone paint Glacier Blue/White roof with Blue standard interior. 396/350 horse stick that Bill ran in SS/H.
Trim tag reads “X22” and body number about 500 units before this one. I sincerely hope Carleen’s car is what it is claimed to be, but the one I had bears many similarities and was definitely not a COPO. I have pics of the tag and the car dressed in ‘69 livery if anyone wants to see them.
You cant see on the Trim Tag if it is a COPO or not
Old 03-12-2022, 12:12 PM

More BM COPOs
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Carleen For This Useful Post:
Dave Rifkin (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
More BM COPOs
Although this car appears to be a COPO, it is 100% not a “Baldwin Motion” it was an out of state customers car that was driven to Motion for modification.

Me pointing this same car out in a previous thread:

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showpost...89&postcount=9

Martyn’s response to that car:

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showpost...3&postcount=11
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GotGrunt For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (03-13-2022), x Baldwin Motion (03-13-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 02:06 PM

Window Sticker still on it
Old 03-12-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Window Sticker still on it
That doesn’t change the fact that it was a customer supplied car from out of state. It was not purchased from Baldwin Chevrolet nor was it sold as a brand new Phase III. Martyn Schorr even confirmed that!
The Following User Says Thank You to GotGrunt For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (03-13-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,187 Times in 1,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO View Post
With the snippets I've seen posted here and there, seems like a good chance it's the real deal, but it's hard to follow as everything is scattered, so perhaps a comprehensive thread showing all the photographic, paperwork, and timeline evidence in one place laid out in a logical manner would be useful.

Of course with multiple statements from both Joel and Marty they were unaware of the COPO program cast a shadow on the story. I heard them both say this at the SCR they attended during the banquet dinner.

I do recall a full color article on an Orange SS RS car in HP Cars magazine, where they drove it to the track and bolted on slicks. I seem to recall the article was titled "fun for a day". I have the magazine somewhere, but not handy at the moment.

With that said, unless you're selling, you don't have to prove anything to anybody.
COPO, I respectfully disagree with your last statement. Carleen has presented this car as a COPO based on his opinion. Also I believe there have been facts and evidence provided by members that bring into question what the car was born as and history.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
GotGrunt (03-12-2022), PeteLeathersac (03-13-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
You cant see on the Trim Tag if it is a COPO or not
I understand. I now must wonder if, down the road, the car I owned might somehow appear as an “undocumented COPO” from info gained from your research and this thread. I have copies of previous titles and am friends with the original owner, so IF that happens to play out, we can dispel the story. I can only assume your car has the tell-tale signs (piercings, etc.) associated with a COPO tub/shell. Now, that the pandemic is nearly in the rear view mirror, do you intend to contact Joel Rosen?
Old 03-12-2022, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW31S View Post
I understand. I now must wonder if, down the road, the car I owned might somehow appear as an “undocumented COPO” from info gained from your research and this thread. I have copies of previous titles and am friends with the original owner, so IF that happens to play out, we can dispel the story. I can only assume your car has the tell-tale signs (piercings, etc.) associated with a COPO tub/shell. Now, that the pandemic is nearly in the rear view mirror, do you intend to contact Joel Rosen?
Carleen’s car being an X22, all the tell-tale signs of a COPO would also be found on an SS396 (L78) with factory ordered ZL2, minus of course if the X22 car were equipped with factory AC (which would make it an L35 or L34). The same goes for an X66. Now if those tell-tale signs were on an X11 or X44... Unfortunately once a car is fully restored, there’s no way to know if those items were there from the factory or added during restoration.

Carleen, can you post some pictures of your engine bay? Also, does your car have a BE 12-bolt rear in it? If so, is it date matched to your car?

Last edited by GotGrunt; 03-12-2022 at 07:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GotGrunt For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (03-13-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGrunt View Post
Carleen’s car being an X22, all the tell-tale signs of a COPO would also be found on an SS396 (L78) with factory ordered ZL2, minus of course if the X22 car were equipped with factory AC (which would make it an L35 or L34). The same goes for an X66. Now if those tell-tale signs were on an X11 or X44... Unfortunately once a car is fully restored, there’s no way to know if those items were there from the factory or added during restoration.

Carleen, can you post some pictures of your engine bay? Also, does your car have a BE 12-bolt rear in it? If so, is it date matched to your car?
That was kinda my point. I’m aware of “X66” Yenko cars, but am not too familiar with “X22 and/or “X66” COPOs. My former “X22” didn’t have the factory “Cold Air Package” originally, but the items were added not long after initially purchased. I’d be interested in knowing more about Carleen’s car and, like I said, I hope it is the car he thinks it is.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shauger View Post
COPO, I respectfully disagree with your last statement. Carleen has presented this car as a COPO based on his opinion. Also I believe there have been facts and evidence provided by members that bring into question what the car was born as and history.
My point is Carleen can state whatever he wishes and people can also choose to disagree, but unless he's selling or trying to get his car officially certified, he doesn't have an obligation to prove his opinion to anyone. Anyone is free to have their own opinions of his car.

If he wants others to accept his opinion, then he would need to post evidence to convince others his opinion is correct. So far, this doesn't seem to be the case, hence my suggestion to show his evidence in a more organized manner rather than the snippets here and there.

Personally, my guess it was an L-78 from the factory as Joel and Marty both stated they never knew about the COPO program. It does seem to be Heavy's car based on the paint and lettering he said he has found, but better evidence of this would be helpful.

Last edited by COPO; 03-13-2022 at 08:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to COPO For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (03-13-2022), x Baldwin Motion (03-13-2022)