Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 11-24-2022, 07:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts
Default Is EVERYTHING in short supply?

I was cleaning up the pool table this morning, getting ready for a family gathering. Noticed a few bad spots on the cloth. It is over 10 years old with a lot of use, so can't complain about that. Figured I would order a new one while it is fresh in my mind. I like burgundy.

Went to one of the old reliable sources, and the only colors available were Chartreuse and Fuchsia. Really?

Go to Amazon. Same problem. Go to Ebay; finally someone has burgundy, but I have to pay a $50 premium for the cloth I want (Simonis).

Figured I may as well send out the irons to have new leather pockets installed. Did my research a couple years ago (balls have been randomly falling on the floor for quite a while, was just waiting until I had a good excuse to take the table apart). Was hoping I could take it apart tonight, send them out tomorrow and have the table back together by Christmas. Nope. Those guys say I can send them in, but they won't even make it to the work bench for 6 weeks because they are so backed up. To be fair, these guys are true craftsmen.

Was visiting with a good friend of mine last Sat. One of the smartest guys I have ever met; maybe the smartest. He mentioned how difficult it is to get ANYONE to do a job these days, and actually get what they promise. It is a sad day when so few will even deliver on what they say they are going to do.

Apparently, the only thing we don't have a shortage of these days is stupidity.
1967Z28 (11-25-2022), 60sStuff (11-24-2022), 69Z11Pacer396 (11-25-2022), Big Block Bill (11-25-2022), Jonesy (11-25-2022), napa68 (11-25-2022)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-24-2022, 08:37 PM

Thanked 3,616 Times in 713 Posts

In this world we live in now it’s all about high tech and the majority of “those” types of people are lost if you give them a hammer and nail.

Glad I was born in the early fifties.

And yes everything is in short supply. I’ve been waiting on my favorite chocolate bar forever.

Chris.
The Following User Says Thank You to 60sStuff For This Useful Post:
olredalert (11-25-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 10:14 PM

Thanked 3,813 Times in 993 Posts

I have had an AN fitting on order for almost a year and my new garage doors are going on 3 months and still not here. Yep its everything the days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 11-24-2022, 11:33 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

The transition to world wide digital currencies require that the old economic patterns of wealth creation be radically changed and permanently.
The Following User Says Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (11-30-2022)
Old 11-25-2022, 06:08 AM

We ordered a new GMC Canyon in early June, just got it a couple of weeks ago. Guys on the Canyon/Colorado forum are talking about orders made 10 months ago and still don't have it. I'm hearing about shortages of appliances, furniture, and we sure notice it in the grocery stores. It's the new "normal" I guess. We were spoiled for decades but not any more...
Old 11-25-2022, 02:48 PM

My daughter is just finishing up a fairly large renovation on her home including a new kitchen. The lead times on appliances were insane. 12-months for fridge, 10 months for the range, 9 months for wine cooler, dishwasher and microwave. Front door took 10 months.

Fortunately, her contractor and his subs were excellent. A pricey job but the service was very good.

She also recently got a new car. Two year old ones with about 10K miles were more expensive than ordering a new one of the same model. She opted for the new one with the warranty from day one, but it was about 6 months for the car to come in and a couple of options were not available due to the chip shortage.

A good recession will solve most of these problems and seems we are headed into one if not already in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to COPO For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (11-30-2022)