Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale > Parts/Memorabilia - Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 07:22 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Default 1968 XF Camaro Nova 14X6 disc steel wheels - match dated set of 4 rims K17 12 21

Hi Gang, SUPER RARE treat available here.

A matched set of 4 hard to find XF 14X6 1968 Camaro steel wheels.

This was the first year for standard dog dish type steel rims on our factory disc optioned supercars - only the ralley rally type wheel was available in 1967 for discs.

These are ALL nicely dated at the end of the 1967 calendar year - K17 12 21 - December 21, 1967 for 1968 68 models. They were recently uncovered during a restomod project of an extremely original L78 car; again, I don't ask why. The fifth (spare) rim was already discarded long ago I was told.

These wheels are in very, very original shape and are, in my opinion original paint. Cordovan Maroon, paint code N / NN. Black backsides still.

I've attached many photos to give the whole story as to their condition.

They were used on the car for years and have the typical scuffs from trim rings but are not bent or dinged up nor any curb rash and the lug holes are nice. Indeed, these are NICE wheels and I must say, I have never had a set of nicer rims regardless of rarity. Speaking of rarity, these, again IMHO, are much rarer that the famous 1969 69 COPO and SS 14X7 XT ones; I've had several of those, but not many XF units; they are unicorns. Typical rust, if you can call it that, on a life long California car.

One interesting note is the inner hoop stamp shows 14X5 JJ and 67 & 12 - that, again, my opinion, is a mis-stamp on these early wheels, because, as shown, they are clearly 6 inches wide. A stamping anomaly IMHO.

These are original equipment on and dated for:

all 1968 Camaros with disc brakes & SS cars that didn't get rallys

same with 1968 Novas / Chevy II with discs & SS cars

and of course the famous COPO / Yenko / Gibb and other tuner cars with steel dogdish rims. And of course, the unconverted cars too.

I believe XF also came on base (non SS / non COPO) 1969 Camaros with front discs. And 69-70 Nova disc brake cars except SS and were optional on drum brake cars in 1969.

They will certainly clear 1968 GM four piston calipers - single 69 up piston too.

Look at the photos again, these are a treasure and definitely befitting the restoration of a 1968 super car - or to return to a survivor in this color - and being original finish, you see exactly what you're getting; a great, untouched foundation on to which build a perfectly restored set of four rare wheels.

No trims rings found with them but there are the four driver hubcaps as shown.

They were stored for decades and I only gave them a sympathetic washing with nothing but cold water and a toothbrush, before and after photos below.

These are NICE and you will not be disappointed and we'll likely never see another date matched set. They turn 55 years old in less than a month and have been a set for their whole existence; this is not a pieced together group of four.

5000.00 local pick up preferred, but I will ship & insure at actual cost if needed. These are worth it for the right car.

That all said, I will trade even for a similar set of four original paint 1969 XT rims dated K18 in September; I only throw that out there in case. But they MUST be an original never - separated matched set and original paint and all the same September 1968 dates, and 'perfect' condition as these are. I will add money if you have five and more money if they are Hugger Orange!

Cheers Friends and Happy Holidays!
Anthony
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_4338.jpg IMG_4337.jpg IMG_4336.jpg IMG_4334.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-29-2022, 08:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default xt wheel

PM sent
The Following User Says Thank You to KNAPPY For This Useful Post:
AnthonyS (11-29-2022)
Old 11-29-2022, 10:34 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Sold
Closed Thread