Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-17-2003, 08:48 PM

Default Re: A car on eBay

Nope, exactly what I asked for! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img] I bought a digital camera strictly for detail shots at shows and figured I'd continue to use the 35mm for archival shots. Now I rarely use the 35 and am shopping for an upscale digital. This is good info. Thanks! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Dennis
Old 12-17-2003, 09:10 PM

Check out www.dpreview.com before you lay down any cash.

Did you have any luck coming up with those other ZL-1s we discussed? I've seen a few around recently... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ZL1 #49 (Dale, Waukesha WI) Super Stock restoration by SCW; 9561AA (Walters, Hebron OH) Super Stock motor by the Grump
Old 12-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

The 68 Camaro I just bought off Ebay had some lousy pictures of the car. I think Hugger Orange is a tough color for the digital cameras, but the pictures weren't that clear either. The car turned out to be much better in person and there is no rust like he said. Sometimes I worry more about awesome pictures because that means somebody took a lot of time and you can take tons of pictures from slightly different angles and pick out the ones that hide all the imperfections. Look at some pictures of the 4Runner I sold last year. The passenger side quarter panel was completely scratched/sanded like someone was going to repaint it. I wet sanded it and used some of that red car polish(as seen on tv) and it looks pretty darn good in the picture. And by the way, this is a pretty rare SR5 Turbo 4Runner.

Old 12-18-2003, 12:08 AM

I saw this car for sale over the summer at a cruise night.
I went over the car pretty good and have notes on it.
I went over it closely because I thought it could be a copo car. It is a X44 with a BB heater core and a 6/7 tach.
It does not have any of its original drive train. It had
a L78 motor,heads and a correct winters intake. It had a Muncie M22 4SP and a 411 posi BV code (got dirty looking for BE code). Build date was 09D. After loking at it close
I came to the conclusion that it was a nice solid driver with some get up and go. If I was selling the car I would have taken 23k and run. If any one has any specific questions e-mail or PM me. If this was on the cars for sale baord I would have seen it sooner.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:09 AM

On ebay again using different broker.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;category=6161
Old 12-30-2003, 01:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

At least the ad doesn't read MOTION MOTION MOTION BALDWIN MOTION BALDWIN MOTION THIS BALDWIN MOTION THAT with a little.. "replica" word thrown somewhere in the middle. Gotta respect the guy for not jumping on the bandwagon. Nice looking Camaro.. But I'm sure the guy that buys it thinks they'll turn right around and make a quick buck off of it by advertising it as a Motion somehow.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:28 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I like the Dave Matthews Band Fire Dancer sticker on the back of the 4Runner. (my son has gotten to my head). I am considering a 70 Z28 now. The man who is selling the car knows a great deal and is HONEST! But, he does not own a fax machine, digital camera, or a computer. He is doing all transactions from his work, the firestation. The rest of the world just does not live like the members of this board do. With multpile autos, some which are never driven, and proper equitment to document, sell, and buy other autos, it just is not that common. For a member to sell a Camaro for $100+K is great, some people may not see $100K in 5 years. The diversity within the US is amazing.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:44 AM

I talked to the gentleman in person who is
selling this car and agree, he is representing the car
fair and honest. I believe the last owner added
some MOTION/COPO/BB features to the car. I hope
someone isn't buying it to misrepresent it to
unsuspecting buyers.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sYc Yenko

I e-mailed the first broker when it was for sale a few weeks ago asking how much he would let it go for, He said $27.500 from what i can remember.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:44 AM

When I looked at the car over the summer, the asking price was "mid twenties" and was not firm. Its not a bad car, but
27k for a base car with decent paint and none of the original drivetrain seemed to steep for me. I bet it goes like a rocket though.