Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-06-2021, 03:55 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Images are all posted here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-stamped.html
Old 08-06-2021, 03:59 PM

Also posted here: http://www.camaros.org/enginedress.shtml
Old 08-06-2021, 06:44 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy clark View Post
Car is not Canadian. I don't know the difference between Canadian VINs and U.S. VINs but I'm thinking maybe you're misinterpreting something? The VIN is 124379N619394 was built at the Norwood plant, shipped to Mac's in Crete, NE and sold new in Lincoln, NE. Unfortunately, there is no paper documentation other than the NCRS shipping data, and an old registration.
Is this COPO yours or anothers? Are there any restoration photos? Better yet more "as found" photos of the car that can be shared?

Outside of this thread.

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthre...=167013&page=3

Last edited by cook_dw; 08-06-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2021, 09:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

There are many pictures of the car before disassembly and during -all the way up to it's current state. I would guess 1000 photos minimum. I will try to post more next week.

I am not asking anyone here to authenticate this car. There has been a man who specializes in 69 Camaros that has been tasked with writing a "report" on it. Wether his report will state that the block is original or not is entirely up to him. I was merely looking for other VIN numbers that were stamped with these same style/font characters in an effort to provide as many examples as possible to make my case that it is, in fact a "known" stamping font. If anyone here has a Norwood block with these same style characters (the way I understand it, the 6's and 9's are the ones being called into question more so than the others) and wouldn't mind taking and/or sending me pics of them it would be greatly appreciated. We have already found several examples, but the more examples we can find, the better. Thanks, everyone.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 copo View Post
Despite the obvious troll I will reply.

I am not in to destroying historical objects of any type and to suggest doing so is patiently absurd.

I have written two books on the Norwood Plant, assisted with a pending documentary work, interviewed (on the record) literally hundreds of workers.

Finally the artifacts. I have been blessed with a number of significant artifacts over the years including the stamps. After receiving them I took the initiative to interview the guys who used them, the workers who managed the motor line, other workers who issued the stamps, and explored other issues routinely presented by ARO's on the line.

This information does give me significant knowledge to share specifically with the hobby when a so called "anomaly" appears.

Several years ago I issued a $10K charity challenge to a gentleman on Team Camaro who said I did not "really" have the stampers and tooling.

JamesinHBCA--You want to take me up on it? I have a charity all selected and ready just let me know.
Not a troll and my suggestion to alter the stamps is just a joke because although you may have a real set of stamps, there are plenty more out there.

BTW it's the engine assembly stamps that are more closely scrutinized and you did not get those from the Norwood plant.

I am aware of your publications and the research you have done for the hobby. It just sounded like you where claiming to have the one and only set of stamps and tools used at the factory and that is just wrong.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:16 PM

Thank you for your clarification. This is a thread on Norwood. I have no concern for other plants or tooling that may or may not have survived.

To be clear, I have the only known Norwood VIN derivative Gang stamper known to exist along with the stamps that were used. I also have the repair stamper that was used.

The fact that this tooling was saved was not by chance, It was saved on purpose by several workers BECAUSE of the specific production period history associated with the tooling.

I was chosen to be the caretaker was because I cared enough to invest myself in telling the story of these men - nothing more, nothing less.
The Following User Says Thank You to 70 copo For This Useful Post:
WorkinProgress (08-07-2021)
Old 08-07-2021, 02:39 AM

Thanked 1,116 Times in 328 Posts

Can’t believe that knucklehead is stamping blocks/Trans with a mushroomed tool & not wearing safety glasses. If that’s Norwood - their enforcement of safety equipment rules was pretty lax!
Old 08-07-2021, 12:22 PM

The photos credited to Hanson are described as originating at St Louis Assembly and the black valve cover L-82 being stamped supports that description.
Old 08-07-2021, 02:51 PM

Thanked 3,778 Times in 1,598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 copo View Post
The photos credited to Hanson are described as originating at St Louis Assembly and the black valve cover L-82 being stamped supports that description.
----I do know that Mike H spent time in the St.Louis plant and the dating of the valve cover would support that they might have been his pics.....Bill S
Old 08-07-2021, 03:01 PM

Yes and I looked... the guy who posted them IS located in the state of Florida.