Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-18-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: L-89 Chevelle

[ QUOTE ]
Take the "dollars and cents" out of it. Tell him you just need a nice low mile L89 to replace that one. Tell him he needs to buy Charley's L89 Camaro and swap you out. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]THIS MAKES GOOD BUSINESS SENSE..

unless you need the cabbage.... then I like the 750k number

the best revenge is sell it to him without the original block, then price the block at 250k..
Old 11-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Mark
For what it is worth I am with the " Keep it and enjoy it crowd". Who knows, maybe the guy chokes on a chicken bone next week !

Mike A
Old 11-18-2007, 05:00 PM

I have met Mark and he is a very fair and easy going person so here is a suggestion...
Could you possibly agree to get copies of the doucmentation with the original owner keeping the original paperwork with the first option to buy the car when you decide to sell it?
That way you could display the paperwork with the car....but keep him in line to buy it.
...I would think that he feels if he ( the original owner ) releases the paperwork , he will never be able to be the first in line to buy the car back.
...good luck on changing his attitude
Old 11-18-2007, 06:49 PM

Keep the emotion out of it! The way you handle this will speak volumes to those who really count and it will keep the original owner from having any legitimate reason to disparage your character. Your integrity is the most important component of any transaction. I agree with 427king on pricing strategy.

Best of Luck!

Growing old is a certainty, growing up isn't
Old 11-18-2007, 07:23 PM

Remember the docs are worthless to anyone else.The car on the other hand $.The original block should be docs enough.IMHO
Old 11-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Hire a good lawyer. You know a good lawyer will do anything to win a case even if it means telling the truth.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:28 AM

Mark, are you really looking to sell the car or is the original owner asking you to sell it back to him? I think the situation really dictates the value to either party. If you really didn't plan on selling it then it's hard to put a number on it. If the original owner would like the car back, then he's going to have to step up to the plate and offer more than the rest of the potential buyers would. I'm all for offering the car back to the original owner, but it's not exactly an easy car for you to replace either. Good luck either way, I know you've had a bunch of really cool cars and it must be tough to let any of them go.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:26 AM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Keep the emotion out of it! The way you handle this will speak volumes to those who really count and it will keep the original owner from having any legitimate reason to disparage your character. Your integrity is the most important component of any transaction. I agree with 427king on pricing strategy.

Best of Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 AM

Maybe try a shotgun approach. Discuss and reach agreement with him as to how much value the original documentation adds to the value of the car. Whatever percentage that is (say 10% for simple math), then you offer to buy the documentation from him for $20k... (that mean's the car is worth $200k to you with documents - by using that ratio). If he thinks that's too cheap, then he has the right to buy the car from you for $180k (the other 90%). If he's not prepared to pay $180k for the car... then he has to sell the documentation for the $20k.... I'm not suggesting those are the values! Obviously you both have to buy into the process and live up to your respective end of the deal.