Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2019, 02:33 PM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts
Default Larry's (x33rs ) 1970 1/2 Formula 400 Ram Air Firebird

The Formula is a car we weren't looking for and just stumbled on while visiting family in Sacramento. It was in the Sunday paper described at a 1970 Gold Formula and that was pretty much it. My wife likes that color so we decided to take a look. Ended up taking it home.

The car was built at Van Nuys and sold new at Bill Lang Pontiac in Vallejo, California and spent it's life in the Sacramento area until I found it just like you see it around 1995 with 60k miles on it.

We've enjoyed the car since taking it on vacations, road trips etc...and have accumulated another 70k miles with it over the years. I rebuilt the engine around 2000 as it was a little tired. We like racing and enjoy the pure stock drags so I kept the car true to the factory stock rules with the exception the engine had to be pump gas friendly.

I refreshed the engine in 2017. Today we still drive the car everywhere and enjoy some drag strip fun with it although not as much as we used to. Some time in the future we may do a full blown restoration but for the time being we just enjoy the car with a few bumps and bruises and have a ball with it.

I Want to thank Bruce and his family for driving up here and taking the time to take pictures of a car that has really never been the main attraction or gotten this much attention.

Bruce it was really nice to meet you and your family. Glad to see you made it back down the mountain in one piece. Hope to meet more mutual friends and like minded people in the future.

Larry
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xplantdad For This Useful Post:
Billohio (02-16-2019), Bushman (02-19-2019), markinnaples (02-17-2019)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 9.JPG 8.JPG 7.JPG 6.5.JPG
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...