Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Old 09-25-2022, 04:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts

Passed the magic 1000 mile mark today while heading to a cars and coffee event in Southern Joysey with my son. Fun day had by all.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (11-08-2022), RPOLS3 (09-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 12:02 PM

Well Dodge just dropped the apocalypse on its customer base. They released the dealer list and all the alllocation information for the final year 2023 of Challenger and Charger production. This is all they are making. And if you order a car from a dealer with no allocation, you just threw your money away and won't be getting a car.

Dodge totally hosed its customer base because now the dealers are DOUBLING the MSRPs on the high end cars because they only have single digit allocations (many got no allocations at all for any Challengers) and that's it. The dealer I got my 22 from was the largest selling dealer of Hellcats in the world and got a limited amount, too (see photo below)

Here is the final set amount of cars they will build:

29 Svelte-body Redeye Challengers (807 HP) (like mine)
112 Super Stock Challengers (807 HP)
694 Wide-body Redeye Challengers (807 HP)
2,549 Svelte-body Hellcat Challengers (717 HP)
2,797 Widebody Hellcat Challengers (717 HP)

And Dodge made them all "Jailbreak" editions meaning they raised the price again to permit you to order as ugly a paint/trim combination as you want (green with red interior, etc)

Go here and punch in your zipcode and then set to "all of US" and pick a specific model and you can see. My local dealer here in NJ didnt even get allocation for a 6-cyl Challenger!

https://www.dodgegarage.com/horsepower-locator

For example, the dealer I got mine from (Koons in DC) which was the biggest seller of Hellcats inthe world has the following allocations:

5 Svelte-body Redeye Challengers (807 HP) (like mine)
11 Super Stock Challengers (807 HP)
31 Wide-body Redeye Challengers (807 HP)
91 Svelte-body Hellcat Challengers (717 HP)
94 Widebody Hellcat Challengers (717 HP)

I reached out to them early on to see if I could order a duplicate of what I have but in Plum Crazy (which they are bringing back for 2023). They said: "The sales manager is making a list of potential buyers and will go down it to see what the buyers will offer them to purchase one (above MSRP, of course).

It seems like all the other dealers are doing the exact same thing. It is few and far between to see any postings of people who actually got a printed out sales contract confirmation from an allocated dealer at MSRP.

Oh, and all those final special edition sticker cars? The dealers seem to be buying them for themselves. Looks like the 1978 Indy Pace Car Corvette all over again.

There are potential customers calling 25 dealers a day just trying to make a purchase. There have already been several people who had sales contracts and paid deposits only to have the salesman call them back hours later saying they are cancelling and refunding their deposit because "the owner wants to keep the car for himself unless of course you want to pay him a $100,000 ADM".

So, I'm glad I got my 2022 svelte-body Redeye when I did. And at the 6% below invoice price they were offering at the time.
And as I had a hunch, it will actually be the rarest bodystyle for the end of the era.
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 11-02-2022 at 02:14 AM.
PeteLeathersac (11-08-2022), scuncio (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 01:11 PM

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,346 Posts

The best outcome to this is for the entire country to NOT order, or buy one of these cars and let Dodge sit on them.
Chevrolet did the same crap with constantly delaying the new Corvette until they could get the price, and profit margin, much higher.

But, people will still shell out the price and many will end up in collections as "investment grade" vehicles to sell later at exorbitant prices.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
dustinm (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
Well Dodge just dropped the apocalypse on its customer base. They released the dealer list and all the alllocation information for the final year 2023 of Challenger and Charger production. This is all they are making. And if you order a car from a dealer with no allocation, you just threw your money away and won't be getting a car.

Dodge totally hosed its customer base because now the dealers are DOUBLING the MSRPs on the high end cars because they only have single digit allocations (many got no allocations at all for any Challangers) and that's it. The dealer I got my 22 from was the largest selling dealer of Hellcats in the world and got a limited amount, too (see photo below)

Here is the final set amount of cars they will build:

29 Svelte-body Redeye Challengers (807 HP) (like mine)
112 Super Stock Challengers (807 HP)
694 Wide-body Redeye Challengers (807 HP)
2,549 Svelte-body Hellcat Challengers (717 HP)
2,797 Widebody Hellcat Challengers (717 HP)

And Dodge made them all "Jailbreak" editions meaning they raised the price again to permit you to order as ugly a paint/trim combination as you want (green with red interior, etc)

Go here and punch in your zipcode and then set to "all of US" and pick a specific model and you can see. My local dealer here in NJ didnt even get allocation for a 6-cyl Challenger!

https://www.dodgegarage.com/horsepower-locator

For example, the dealer I got mine from (Koons in DC) which was the biggest seller of Hellcats inthe world has the following allocations:

5 Svelte-body Redeye Challengers (807 HP) (like mine)
11 Super Stock Challengers (807 HP)
31 Wide-body Redeye Challengers (807 HP)
91 Svelte-body Hellcat Challengers (717 HP)
94 Widebody Hellcat Challengers (717 HP)

I reached out to them early on to see if I could order a duplicate of what I have but in Plum Crazy (which they are bringing back for 2023). They said: "The sales manager is making a list of potential buyers and will go down it to see what the buyers will offer them to purchase one (above MSRP, of course).

It seems like all the other dealers are doing the exact same thing. It is few and far between to see any postings of people who actually got a printed out sales contract confirmation from an allocated dealer at MSRP.

Oh, and all those final special edition sticker cars? The dealers seem to be buying them for themselves. Looks like the 1978 Indy Pace Car Corvette all over again.

There are potential customers calling 25 dealers a day just trying to make a purchase. There have already been several people who had sales contracts and paid deposits only to have the salesman call them back hours later saying they are cancelling and refunding their deposit because "the owner wants to keep the car for himself unless of course you want to pay him a $100,000 ADM".

So, I'm glad I got my 2022 svelte-body Redeye when I did. And at the 6% below invoice price they were offering at the time.
And as I had a hunch, it will actually be the rarest bodystyle for the end of the era.
This will be interesting with an ever-changing economy.
Old 10-28-2022, 05:22 PM

Yeah, there are no longer any cash incentives on the dodge website and they show the current "incentive" loan rate as 6.12% for 60 months at the moment. Earlier this year it was 0% !

I think I'll go out to the garage now and hug my discount Heckitty.

Last edited by njsteve; 10-28-2022 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-28-2022, 05:30 PM

You can be sure Dodge will exploit this as much as they can and don't be surprised if by next June, they offer to "extend" the limited production for another year...
1967 Camaro ss/rs
Old 11-01-2022, 09:24 PM

Oh well, I couldn't help myself. I got a call from a North Carolina dealer that I left my name with, a few weeks ago just to test the waters. He had one allocation for one of the 29 Narrow Body Redeye Jailbreak Challengers that will be built and I was first on the list. I bought a 300C there 17 years ago from them so I am considered a repeat customer I guess. :-)

the offer: MSRP ! and their dealer fee is ZERO. Just taxes and tag/title.

So the wait begins...again. They don't start the 2023 builds until January but I enjoy the anticipation.

The only glitch was that the wheels I like (the Machined Granite Pocket Wheels like on my 2022) are no longer available. The only other choices were not so good - the standard black 5-spoke, the silver five spoke or the super gaudy Brass Monkey 10 spoke. So my son picked the ugliest one they had (the Brass Monkey) for the build.

They also don't show an optional 3.09 rear gear anymore so I dont know if it comes standard or if they are only using the 2.62 rear gear for 2023 since the "build your own" website is still only showing the 2022 options.

So here it is:

Svelte-Body Redeye Jailbreak 807 hp
one of 29 to be built
Plum Crazy
Demonic Red leather interior
HK Stereo

I already have the Purchase Order Contract in hand with the magic "5N9" sold allocation, guaranteed schedule build code on it.

The 2023 waiting game is afoot!

Last edited by njsteve; 11-08-2022 at 12:01 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
427TJ (11-07-2022), L_e_e (11-01-2022), olredalert (11-01-2022), Tenney (11-02-2022), YenkoYS-199Stinger (11-02-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 11:32 PM

Sounds VERY exciting, again, Steve but red interior with Plum Crazy exterior ?????
1967 Camaro ss/rs
Old 11-01-2022, 11:36 PM

Yup! Its not as ugly as it sounds. It's uglier! :-)

I saw a Demon in that color once and it was absolutely pschedelic looking.

Hey, my second choice could been Limelight green with red interior

Here's a 2019 Redeye widebody in Plum Crazy with red interior. (The last time it was available)
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 11-02-2022 at 02:30 AM.
GearheadSS (11-11-2022), olredalert (11-02-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 12:07 AM

Got the 2023 Purchase Order Contract (POC) today with the VON (Vehicle Order Number). So the car is officially in process in the Dodge computer system.

Though it says "Restriction" at the moment which basically 95% of the orders say. A couple guys already have their VONS and VINs issued and are scheduled, which means they won the lottery of "you didn't pick an option whose parts are on backorder". A lot of people have found out that things like sunroofs and specific interior trim options like the carbon fiber dash, are slowing up the orders.

That magical "5N9 Guaranteed Schedule" code means it is a car that was allocated to the dealer and the allocation was confirmed. If you ordered one of these at a non-allocated dealer, there won't be any 5N9 code on the POC...and there will be no car built.

And I just noticed that it now says "October Production" so this may be an 11 month wait! LOL
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 11-08-2022 at 12:15 AM.
dustinm (11-10-2022), PeteLeathersac (11-08-2022)