Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 05-30-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Evil Bay Sucks!

Just something to think about. This guy does not have or didnot have the profile of someone taking money and not delivering the goods. He had over 900 positive feedbacks prior to his account being suspended and was a good member for over 4 years.Have you contacted e-bay, completed the forms and seen what possible insurance coverage you may have with your payment method etc.I had this happen twice and both times got at least a portion of my money back.
One sounds very familiar to your situation the guy had no previous issues but never shipped my item nor could I contact him.In all fairness I found out later his account was suspended because he passed away.I was calling him a dick also but the poor )*(((*&^ was dead.
Don't wait to start the process with e-bay , paypal your credit card company etc since you don't have a lot of time after the close of the auction to do so.
Give it a shot then at least you may see some money back.
Good Luck Joe
Old 05-30-2007, 04:05 PM

Pete,

Having had experience with fraudsters, I would call the PostMaster General in the sellers area. I think there is a website which you can register your incident. I know it does not sound like a good avenue to pursue but you would not believe how many resources they have to deal with mail fraud. It is a federal offence and is taken quite seriously compared to calling local law enforcement who have better things to do.

Good luck!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:07 PM

I had the same thing happen with a power steering gear box. Paid for it and a month later still no part. I filed a complaint with ebay and sent them all emails, and two weeks later ebay paid me for the part minus shipping.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:05 PM

Thanks for the ideas folks. We did contact Evil Bay and they said give it another 10 days. We'll see what happens.
Peter
Old 05-30-2007, 11:09 PM

Hi Pete:
I would file now. They did that to my brother and he ended up losing track of the time and got nothing since he didnot file on time.I think paypal is less than 45 days and I forget what e-bay was. The rules say you can file after 10 so i would not take a chance.
good luck Joe
Old 05-31-2007, 12:37 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

I agree...what harm would it do to file now? (Spoken by a very new person to ebay)
Old 05-31-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pete,

Having had experience with fraudsters, I would call the PostMaster General in the sellers area. I think there is a website which you can register your incident. I know it does not sound like a good avenue to pursue but you would not believe how many resources they have to deal with mail fraud. It is a federal offence and is taken quite seriously compared to calling local law enforcement who have better things to do.

Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mailed your payment or were expecting your item through the mail call these guys now.

More Than 200 Years of Law Enforcement Tradition

New toll-free number: 1-877-876-2455 reaches all Postal Inspection Service offices nationwide.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:01 PM

Pete if you still need help next month, I can leave a little early on my way to Martin and drop by the guy's address. Let me know if I can help.