Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 06-05-2012, 07:36 PM

Default It was 10 years ago today......

<span style="font-style: italic">Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play.... </span>

Actually, it was 10 years ago today that I joined The Supercar Registry. I haven't been as active these days but I still try and check in whenever I get a chance.

I first found out about The Supercar Registry while reading Muscle Car Review magazine where I came across an article in which Casey Marks reviewed internet web sites. The ones featured that month were CRG (Camaro Research Group) and The Supercar Registry. I clicked on the sYc and spent a couple months reading EVERY SINGLE POST in EVERY forum! Believe it or not, it wasn't that hard back then, there weren't MILLIONS of posts!

After all my reading and catching up, I registered on June 5th, 2002 and joined the party. Along the way I have learned volumes of information, made many good friends, and even pissed a few people off along the way. ALL of it has been a blast! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/eek.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

I just wanted to thank the sYc and all of the people that have made the past 10 years quite the experience for me.

Cheers! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts
Default Re: It was 10 years ago today......

It's how we met you Frank and it has been our pleasure. Happy tenth! I passed mine sometime last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 06-05-2012, 11:14 PM

Frank, Let's keep this party going. It all about the fun we all have sharing our memories with the cars.... which all will pass one day to new owners...
..........but the memories are there forever.

Glad to have people like you aboard [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

John
Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 AM

Thanked 1,513 Times in 726 Posts

A fine lookin' pair of rides there in your driveway, Frank! Happy anniversary and it's been a pleasure!

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 06-06-2012, 01:49 PM

Hi Frank. I don't visit here much lately, but I thought that I would mention that I saw your old blue 70 Chevelle at a car show in Big Rock last weekend.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:44 PM

Thanks guys!

Steve, yeah, the guy that I sold my old Chevelle to, John Rogerson, lives in Big Rock. I think Bill Prichard knows him too. He's buddies with Dan Hornback who owns the green Fencl Tufo Yenko Deuce. They are a good bunch over in those parts. I hear that John did a bunch of stuff to improve the Chevelle, most of which you cannot see on the outside. Did he keep the Cragers on it?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:20 PM

I didn't look it over too closely, but the Cragars are still on it.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Frank,
The Monte looks fantastic, did you have it fully detailed? If you did, please post pictures of how it looks now. With it being so original and untouched, I am sure many here including myself would like to see the end result. Also, I think I remember that the car had custom pinstriping, has it been removed? How did you remove it? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lemans69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank,
The Monte looks fantastic, did you have it fully detailed? If you did, please post pictures of how it looks now. With it being so original and untouched, I am sure many here including myself would like to see the end result. Also, I think I remember that the car had custom pinstriping, has it been removed? How did you remove it? Thanks! </div></div>

I did end up having the paint on the Monte detailed. I took it to a guy in Crestwood that I have been using for paint work and such for many years. He is an old school guy who has been doing this stuff since 1969 and is as meticulous as they come. He did a light buff on the original black paint and used I believe Easy Off oven cleaner to remove the hand pinstripes from the body. It looks like they were never there. I was VERY specific that I did not want to lose ANY of the original factory orange peel on the paint. He did the job magnificently. This is my third black car and the paint is VERY nice considering it's 25 years old. I have been doing a lot of other small detail projects to different areas of the car myself slowly over the past couple of months. I am VERY happy with the car so far. I didn't get to do a good photo shoot yet, but here are a couple of pictures I took this weekend when my dad and I were hanging out on the driveway. The 2001 Camaro SS is his which he bought brand new and has only 6,400 miles on the clock.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:29 AM

Boy Frank, that looks just so sharp. Wouldn't mind a few more photos! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]