Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-08-2018, 09:20 PM

Default title

doesnt the owner have the TITLE?
Old 06-08-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigpud View Post
... they once had owned a 3rd Camaro; but it was stolen out of a parking lot circa 1990.

... The document listed the VIN#124379N690139, a red 1969 SS 396 Camaro; dated 4/7/1990.

My mouth dropped as I looked at the results of my search. Well I'll be damned! There was their car! It was resurrected from the depths, painted black and given a fake history before crossing the Mecum Auction block at Kissimmee in 2014 and selling for a whopping $200,000!
In some other instances of stolen vehicles from back in the past - emerging years and decades later - the rightful legal previous owner received the car back in their possession. In most cases the car was in better condition (restored) than when it was originally stolen.

I hope she gets back a fully restored Black , Aluminum Headed upgrade .

The footsteps will lead right back to whomever re-tagged the car and fabricated the bogus history/documents.
That will take some explaining , and won't look real shiny to any investigator , even if that person wasn't involved with the actual theft 28 years ago. He won't be looking at an easy-out situation.

Even if what he did, had nothing to do with concealing previous theft, and was only based on profit margins, he's real deep in the ugly zone now.

No legalities on swapping a trim tag , or recreating fantasy documents , but probably a big Catch-22 when the car involved winds up having been stolen and a laundered title.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Von Zeppelin For This Useful Post:
Wakepowell (06-09-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 11:03 PM

Mr707,

I’m working on that now with her. At this point it remains to be seen but you would think that she does. Given that, as many relationships are, the man’s hobby (and he’s now deceased), it may take her some time to uncover what we would need to help her. But as the story unfolds I will try to keep you all in the loop.
The Following User Says Thank You to dabigpud For This Useful Post:
mr 707 (06-09-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 11:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 707 View Post
doesnt the owner have the TITLE?
If you are talking about the current owner, yes, I am certain he has a title.

I can tell you that the Florida title was created from an "air title" acquired through Georgia, where they do not require titles on older vehicles.

Sending Ryan a PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:36 AM

Quote:
... he claims to have purchased from the original owner. That first owner would have to be the name on the POP, Kenneth Wright.

<span style="font-weight: bold">From the AutoTrader ad:</span>
Since restoration of the entire car, it has been driven less than 10 miles. Mileage at purchase of car was 33,700 (exempt on Florida new title) <span style="font-weight: bold">I am the restorer and second owner.</span> This one has all the correct nuts and bolts and has passed the test of all scrutiny. Search till your heart's content, you will not find another one like it. Jack O'Donnell Contact me by phone only 352-610-4136
Quote:
... but the case for this guy Kenny having a number of intersting big block cars (that he bought on time, new from the local Jim Quinliin Chevrolet in Clearwater, FL) is strong.
I'm guessing Chevy Enthusiasts didn't have NCRS data available yet in 2013/2014 when this car was being offered/discussed .

If it were applied for now (NCRS), doubtful that it would come back showing Quinliin in Florida. That would be even more evidence stacked against the bullsquat.

Someone sure knew the legacy of Kenneth Wright well enough to exploit the hell out of his death. Very in-depth and highly executed fraud from start to finish. Jack-O will probably be getting another call or two about the car and etc ...

WoW
Old 06-09-2018, 04:55 AM

All of this information is very insightful. I can assure you that we will spend a vast amount of time trying to gather as much information as possible and take actions to remedy this to the fullest extent of the law.

It is so wonderful to see all of this information coming in. Some information has already come in privately that is very intriguing.

Thank you to both Lynn and Baron.

Lynn I will respond to your PM soon. Definitely going to connect.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigpud View Post
Mr707,

I’m working on that now with her. At this point it remains to be seen but you would think that she does. Given that, as many relationships are, the man’s hobby (and he’s now deceased), it may take her some time to uncover what we would need to help her. But as the story unfolds I will try to keep you all in the loop.
maybe the california DMV has something.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:00 PM

Following.
And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-10-2018, 05:23 AM

I thought we had a popcorn smiley? I'm going to need some while following this thread.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts