Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Old 12-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default Re: "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

Front suspension just about buttoned up. I'm waiting on some NOS upper control arm bumpers to come in before I get the massive drums on and let the suspension "hang". Once those are in, the car goes up in the air as far as I can get it with jack stands and then I can spray the undercoating in the wells. Yep....all this stuff goes on first then the junk gets sprayed over everything. I'm going to be a little neater than the factory was, but still going to get it as close as I can to the factory look.

I detailed my spare tire with a few markings, paint blop where the wheel weight is to be installed, and the "104" sticker. I need to repaint the rim since it's a bit dull and showing some wear. All wheels are the correct 15 x 6 JJ "H" wheels. 4 are dated correct but two are a little out of date for my build. Is that the UPS GUY??!?!?
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img] PARTS PARTS PARTS!!!!!!

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2016, 01:19 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Dave
Great detail and photo documentation, and yes all the hidden inspection marks matter [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Are those massive rear window tracks cast aluminum, or steel ?

Mike
Old 12-09-2016, 02:17 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Mike,
The regulator and arms are galvanized steel. The big track window mounting is cast aluminum. Lots of photos of that thing out of the car to remember how it all goes back together. Then again, this is my 9th B-Body so you'd think I'd remember how it all goes together! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,487 Times in 609 Posts

Nice!! Graveyard Cars aint got nothing on you!!
Old 12-16-2016, 12:35 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Finally got a box of parts in so I can make some more progress! Since I detailed up the spare, I'm itchin' to get that bad boy in there! Using the survior car as a reference, I decided to stamp my trunk mat to match.

As you can see on the above image, the pattern is repeated on the roll of material that is used for the mat, so the upper number gets cut off if you continue the repetition. Makes it looks more authentical n' stuff! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Jack installed, mat in place, and the spare secured down.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

The top picture is the spare tire from a 5600 Mile survivor Bee, and the below picture is my rendition of it for my car. What do the markings mean? Best I can tell, they were the intials of the worker that installed the spare in the car that day. I'm just kidding, but now that it's here black and white on the intermanet, I'm sure it won't be long before it pops up on another forum as gospel! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2016, 12:48 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Vinyl top has been laying out for the past few weeks, and next month I'll install it. It's been boxed up for quite a while, so I want it to lay out for a good month or two to get most of the harder wrinkles out before it gets glued down. Nothin' one of them heat guns can't get out,or a propane torch, but still..... this helps!

Above you can see the yellow tick marks that I applied at each reveal molding screw hole. Once the top is in place, this will make finding those nice and easy. After I removed my top I found these marks at each hole, front and back, where it was covered by the vinyl top. Pretty cool!!!!![img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] So you know I had to replicate that, but this time, they actually have some sort of meaning and purpose.

Installing the hardtop side window to quarter glass seals. With only 53,000 miles on the Bee, these were actually in really good shape but they did have wear, so best to replace.

Installing the rear quarter window...let's see..if I move this screw in, that pushes that out. But if I move that screw out, it pushes that.....hmm....still pushes that out[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]....how did this darn thing go in here, anyway!?!?!?!

Success! Everything lined up, nothing broke (yet), and the windows actually go up and down![img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]

Cheers
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2016, 12:52 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Looks great!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2016, 01:02 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

I added the grease to my hinges, and I'll dust on some V2 basecoat shortly. Yep...they greased and painted right over the trunk bushings where meet the trunk lid arms. I held off doing that when I was painting for fear of contamiantion being sprayed all over and winding up, where else, but on the quarter panels![img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

53,000 mile door panels. I'm scrubing them with a good cleaner and back in they will go. My goal is to keep a few things original with the car unless they are too far gone. These door panels are in mint condition both the front and back!
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

.....annnnd that'll do it for this thread! Tune in next time for....oh, wait, the car isn't done yet! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img] The firm hand of the Bobatola came down and told me Ixnay on Icturepays, but I told him I had a duty, no, a Yenko.Net paid member given right to continue the thread on behalf of humanity itself!!!! So fear not! More pics a comin'....or, IS there?????? MMmmwwaahahaha..cough, cough...oh, excuse me...I don't know what got into me there... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2016, 01:42 PM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 662 Posts

Great work. Not everyone can make the MCACN shows, so I appreciate your pics and can't wait to see the final pics. Maybe put up a Spoiler Alert in case anyone doesn't want to see it until it's in person, lol.
John 10:30
Old 12-16-2016, 02:01 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,487 Times in 609 Posts

Finally!! Updates! Ive been waiting for several days wondering why you havent been working on this car.. Figured you had to do real work or something.. Having to wait 7 days for pics is brutal.. lol