Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE SITE?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: andy tantes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Late BrakeU2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That's exactly the kind of take it or shove it tude that was exemplified by another poster who took this thread right in to the ditch from the get go.</div></div>

you're overreacting to words typed on a keyboard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Late BrakeU2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I guess the classifieds were taken too seriously too. </div></div>

i know i didn't,i thought it was sort of comical.i can't speak for anybody else. </div></div>

There's been overreacting, on both sides of the equation. Some of the people behind those text fields might not appreciate a smackdown in front of their peers on a public forum. It's only comical when the keyboard is pointed at someone else.. .

Most old farts like routine, and are resistant to change. I'm sure it will all work out fine in the end but clearly some people on here need to work on their tolerance game.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kim_Howie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey the country is going thru changes. I like this a whole lot better than the other ones. </div></div>

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 04-27-2010, 06:59 PM

Rob.............Are the picture sizes going to remain small or are they going to be tweaked to the original size??

Great Job on the new format

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Groucho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, can I ask, what's the &quot;up&quot; side of the change? A lot of boards change things, and it always seems different, but NOT better. So, why? </div></div>

2 tenths off your E.T in car jargon LOL. There will be some added features which some have found. Many upgrades are done because developers no longer support the older versions and if the site encounters a glitch/problem they won't provide support.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 04-27-2010, 07:46 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Groucho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, can I ask, what's the &quot;up&quot; side of the change? A lot of boards change things, and it always seems different, but NOT better. So, why? </div></div>

2 tenths off your E.T in car jargon LOL. There will be some added features which some have found. Many upgrades are done because developers no longer support the older versions and if the site encounters a glitch/problem they won't provide support. </div></div>LOL. 2 10th's is great. But...At the risk of me sounding silly, I'm not sure that answered my question. So, what are the upgrades that some have already found?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:49 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1969l78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sucks </div></div>I'll have to agree. I know a LOT of you guys/gals are computer literate, but, sometimes it'd be nice if you considered us that AREN'T.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 AM

I know someone mentioned it before, but I hope we will still have the option of listing our name in profiles. I prefer knowing who's doing the talking. I don't get the warm fuzzies when there is no email address or name attached. I know we can't do anything about those who use made up names like a Las Vegas show girl. Take &quot;Stefano Bimbi&quot; for example...

Growing old is a certainty, growing up isn't
Old 04-28-2010, 07:10 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Groucho</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr BB Chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> UBB, mostly IPB &amp; PHP boards. I own and run 3 linux web servers </div></div>I'm gonna guess that the change is targeted towards those that know these words/labels? Because I don't know what any of them mean, and the change escapes me. Can't car guys be car guys, even on a computer? Or do I actually have to take a course to learn UBB's and PHP's....to appreciate the change? Hey, just asking</div></div>

...was telling the Admin(s),nice upgrade. this site was way overdue for an update. pretty lucky it wasnt hacked or de-faced. the upgrade comes with better security.

Acrobat Signs

Acrobat Tactical
Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 AM

Good job Admin's. I was a little worried that the Computer Nazi's over here were up to no good.

This is a tremendous amount of work to do on your spare time.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM

Lot's of cool new additives. It took me a minute to figure out why my Smiley face was awake next to my sig block.

Let me jump on another turnip wagon.