Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-04-2014, 10:28 PM

Default 1969 YENKO TRANSPORT PHOTO. IDENTIFY CARS IN PHOTO

Hello to all. My Name is Tim. I am trying to Identify the cars in the photos attached. Can any one positively identify the colors of the Yenko Camaros in the photos? I know the car on the front must be Daytona Yellow and the dark car must be Fathom Green. What about the others? Are there two Fathom Green cars in the photo? I own the First 1969 Fathom Green car delivered to Yenko's dealership per the inventory sheet from yenko, it was shipped to Jack Douglas Chevrolet in Hinsdale, IL. It was shipped on 2-7 69 to the Don Yenko's Dealership. So I think the Fathom Green Car in the attached photo is my car. It looks like there is another Fathom Green car with black stripe?? in the photo also it must be the only other fathom green car delivered prior to the photo being taken on 2-13-69 (written on back of pic). Per the inventory sheet only 5 Fathom Green Yenkos were delivered to Yenko in the first batch? and of the 5 three of them shipped to yenko after 2-13-69.

Im no expert so I am reaching out to the real experts for advise and information trying to identify the cars in the photo. I also read somewhere that someone has more photos of this same load of cars shipping out. I would love to see the photos and see if we can identify the colors of the cars. They are all x66 Yenko Camaros. My car is Fathom Green and has the back panel painted black and is a x66 car. I think it is the car with white stripes on it in the photo. Looking forward to hearing what the real experts here have to say. I know I'm long winded here but I also wanted to thank all the guys I have talked to the last few weeks about my car via email and phone. What a amazing group of guys that I have met!! You all know who you are if you read this. Thank You!

[img]https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics...k1qh5zuoo1_128[/img]
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 AM

Default Re: 1969 YENKO TRANSPORT PHOTO. IDENTIFY CARS IN PHOTO

To me it looks like DY and HO on top, and Blk, FG or DB on the bottom.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Very interesting perspective.

Jim Spencer of Span Inc approached Jack Douglass to become a Yenko Network dealership. It has been said that Jack ordered two truck loads. He has also stated that he did receive a Yenko Nova, Chevelles as well as Camaros.

The odds are very favorable that it may indeed be your Fathom Green Yenko on the truck. I believe the HO 4 speed has been found as well.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:20 PM

Here is a different photo showing color of a group of new Yenko's. I took this picture and changed it to black and white. So by looking at this photo and comparing it to the other photo here is my best guess as to the colors of the 2-13-69 photo

Top left to right Nova Fathom Green, Camaro Rally Green, Camaro Daytona Yellow{no doubt}
Bottom left to right, Camaro LeMans Blue, Camaro Hugger Orange, Camaro Fathom Green

Old 02-06-2014, 01:10 AM

Did the Fathom Green X66 code Yenkos receive a blacked out tail panel ?
Old 02-06-2014, 01:21 AM

Absolutely,..BKH
Old 02-06-2014, 01:33 AM

My Fathom Green 01B X66 Yenko was the first Fathom Green 1969 Car delivered to the Yenko Dealership (2-7-69) and has the Blacked out tail panel on it.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:46 PM

OK, I spoke to Jack Douglas last night. He told me he only got one truck load of the first batch of 50 Yenko Camaros early on. The rest were delivered to him directly from GM factory and his dealership did the conversion and paid Don Yenko 350 for the stripes. He did say there is a chance there may have been a car here or a car there that came from Yenkos dealership after the first full truck load he received early on.

Now according to the Yenko Inventory sheets Jack Douglas Chevrolet got 5 Yenko Camaros from the first batch that were delivered to Don Yenkos dealership. Below are the 5 cars.
578878 Fathom Green
578804 Daytona Yellow
578989 Olympic Gold
579568 Rally Green
579586 Rally Green

So If the truck load in the photos have these colors on it then I am willing to say with out a doubt the truck was on its way to Jack Douglas Chevrolet. and the cars listed above are for sure the cars in the photo. Two of the camaros have Black stripes on them the others are white. the Daytona Yellow car has black stripes for sure. Need to figure out what color the other car with black stripes is? Any one know of the other 4 cars besides my Fathom Green car?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:54 AM

I just broke down the Dealers that got the first 50 Copo Yenkos and Jack Douglas got the most at 5 of the first 50 going to him. (other than the cars that stayed at Yenko.)

The 5 cars Jack Douglas got were the first cars to ship to Yenko on 2-7-69.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Banned

Unfortunately we don't have the full records of the first 50 Yenko Camaros built (Vince is not sharing); dealer/color/vin. Another likely dealer this load could be going to is Gates Chevrolet in Indiana. Bill Turner bought 2 January built Yenko Camaros from Gates; a hugger orange Yenko Camaro and on the next day a Daytona yellow Camaro he still owns today.