Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-04-2016, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Question from a Newbie

Welcome aboard Bob,

Why no antenna? Did the previous owner replace the windshield with a '70-72 antenna front windshield?

Are the colors original to the car? Tach and Gauge car? More pics will tell us more.....show some under hood pictures.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 04-05-2016, 01:11 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Schonyenko2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We looked into Berger super novas years ago and came up with that is was a appearance package. No engine mods, or swaps. They looked cool with the spoiler and graphics, but no one we talked to had any knowledge of enhanced power trains. Had a guy claiming to have one on another site but he never came up with any evidence. We were never able to come up with a number built. </div></div>

Thanks very much for the information. Very interesting indeed since Berger had a reputation as a tuner as far as I know.

I guess I'll pass on the die cast since there is no way to tell if the models are accurate.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:12 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m22mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't beat the color.. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] Bring that beauty to Strongsville OH. in august

Chevelle show info here </div></div>

I'm sure that would be a blast! Sadly, I don't have a trailer and it's got 4.10s so the drive would be hectic, long and expensive!
Old 04-05-2016, 01:23 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome aboard Bob,

Why no antenna? Did the previous owner replace the windshield with a '70-72 antenna front windshield?

Are the colors original to the car? Tach and Gauge car? More pics will tell us more.....show some under hood pictures.

Dan </div></div>

Thanks for the welcome Dan.

I bought the car done as I'm not all that mechanically skilled. No way I could restore a car! I'd love to try but time and skill levels prohibit me (also money! LOL)

I got the car with no antenna . . . I guess the restorer didn't put in on (perhaps didn't want to drill a new replacement fender?) and the radio is AM only. I don't really need music as the L78 makes beautiful music on it's own.

The story I got from the guy I bought it from was that the original owner bought the car when he came home from Viet Nam to drag race. It's a bench seat, M22, 12 bolt with 4.10s car. AM radio only. It does have the correct L78 tach and gauges. I've had the valve covers off to adjust the valves and it does have the &quot;HIPO&quot; heads. Sadly, the vin was allegedly destroyed when the block was milled. Not a huge difference to me as I do believe the story. Odometer had only 32K on it when I got it. It does have an incorrect Hurst Shifter (out of a GTO I believe) and the carb is not original and the alternator is on the wrong side. Also, the restorer didn't do the Astro Vents correctly. Bumpers could use a rechrome but it is a nice car and a ton of fun to drive!

These things are all fine with me as I didn't buy it to be a show car or 100 point concours entry. I like the way it looks and I like to drive it. It definitely turns heads and goes like stink!