Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-13-2007, 02:54 AM

Default 67 427 Biscayne value

I know it's impossible without seeing the car, but I have found the 427 Biscayne that my father used to own. It took about 3 years of tracking down from his old title stub. The original drivetrain was long gone before he had it. It is Dark Blue with a Black interior (from the factory that way). It was a 4 speed car. It has been redone. It was a drag car from day 1 and only had 4,000 miles on it when he bought it. It had to be quartered though as it had the fenderwells opened up. He bought it when it was raced SuperStock, pulled the drivetrain out, and sold the shell.

I know there are a few fullsize guys that frequent this board. Can you give me a rough guess on what the body is worth? The original owner threw a rod at about 7,000 in 69 and destroyed the engine and sent it to the junkyard, so it "shouldn't" have it's original engine. Unless it has been redone with a ce block #'s type restoration, I can put a value on the drivetrain.

My father is gearing up for retirement and I'd really like to suprise him with this car. He always regretted selling it as he has wanted a "Sleeper" ever since.

Thanks to anyone who can help out. I want to have a starting point when I go talk to the owner as it isn't for sale. It's easy enough to find out what a #'s restoration is worth, but the value of a 427 car missing it's original drivetrain is a bit out of my realm.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-13-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: 67 427 Biscayne value

so is the car just sitting with no motor or transmission?...If so, you may be able to get it pretty resonable...if the present owner has no intentions of fixing it up. How is the interior?....does it still have low miles?...Does he have any of the paperwork?you can check some of the Ebay listings ...but those are usually "clone" cars....but it will give you an idea...
....here is a good website also to check out.....you may already know about it...

http://www.impalass427.com/index.htm

good luck
Old 07-13-2007, 06:14 AM

Here is a '66 on Ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-BISC...1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 07-13-2007, 06:21 AM

No. The car has been restored/fixed up. There wasn't much to do as the car was so low mileage. The interior is in good shape and all original. The rear fenders were fixed and the car was repainted. It is in driveable condition, but I don't know what engine/transmission is in it currently. I found this info out from a neutral party who knows the current owner. Like I was saying, unless it is a CE block with #'s and date correct parts, etc., I should be able to figure what the drivetrain is worth. Unless it has a restamped engine in it, there is no way it could have the original engine it.

I don't know if it has paperwork, but I do know that it still had the "427" chalk marks inside the front fenders when it was sold. The guy who owns knows it was an original 427 car. My guess is it probably had a build sheet in it as it was never apart and used so little.

I will post at the impala site you mentioned, but I had to sign up and wait for administrator approval before I can post. Since I knew a few fullsize guys hit this site, I thought I would try here as well.

I am just trying to get a good starting point to approach the owner with. I don't want to insult him, nor do I want to pay too much either.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:10 PM

The paperwork is a key thing here, as with most cars... Remember, this still could be a 427, but Chevy did not have the L72 option available in 67, just the lower hp ratings 427's.
I would think if it is nice and clean, a solid #3 that is, I would say $15,000. Maybe more.
What rear end does it have? Does it have the F-41 heavy duty suspension? Pics would be nice. Where was the car built?