Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-10-2023, 04:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Really enjoying this thread. Incredible read and the pictures are awesome. Best of luck in your searches for Toy IV.
Old 12-10-2023, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,080 Times in 357 Posts

Mitch, I totally hear you. Maybe I'm a being a little UofC ish, but for me truth is truth until it is or isn't lol.

There were a few things that bugged me before doing any research and the vinyl top was one of them. But we have Carmen who graciously took some time out of his day yesterday to let me pepper him with some questions. I think to be fair, we need to go by his comments that they added the vinyl top. Now, Richie pointed out in a call we had yesterday that if this potential candidate for IV and if the black car he's got a line on is able to be seen at some point, one of the first things he'd look for is filled in holes where the vinyl top moldings were screwed in.

If I ever have the opportunity to meet Carmen in person, I have 5-6 other questions I would like to ask just about IV but also the '69 and some other cars too.

If any of you are buddies with him and happen to see him, please tell him thank you again from me. It's rare when older folks from that scene are comfortable and chill to share details. But I also encourage you if you see him maybe to think of key questions that have always come up about IV. One of them would just be to see if he knows anything about why the front valance is not the RS style. To me at this point it's not plausible he asked Chevy to make it that way. It's most plausible that he simple changed it around the time it got painted white. Given all the looks of III it's safe to speculate he had a lot of parts lying around the shop.

While I'm sitting here chilling out on a Sunday, I wonder about other things... What happened to the body panels Bill would have had around, did he just sell them over time or did any folks from the community buy some of them and hold onto them?

Another good question to ask Carmen and I'd love to ask him sometime in the future, what was the chassis configuration of IV when he sold it.

Another one I think would be if IV's body was acid dipped. My belief as of today is that it was not given the type of racing he was doing. Again if you guys actually know please share.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pro Stock John For This Useful Post:
dustinm (12-11-2023), dykstra (12-10-2023), L78_Nova (12-11-2023), Too Many Projects (12-11-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 04:35 PM

I noticed a couple of things. The Jenkins car had the rear tailpanel RS lights in all the pictures and they look to be in the correct location. The Jenkins car has the front side marker lights in some pictures and they are missing (along with lettering near the nose on the fender) in other pictures so something changed in the front end at some point. The Jenkins car has the non RS valance in all the pictures I think. The Jenkins car has the rear side marker lights in all the pictures.

The green car has no side marker lights at all or rear RS tailpanel lights and non RS valance. The white Heavy car has no side marker lights either (could they be the same car)? Could that actually be a 67 body with 68 doors?

Edit: The Algieri car has no side marker lights and no RS tailpanel lights and no RS valance but Joe said he removed the lights.

The Wild Pumpkin has side marker lights with the vinyl top. That seems more like a chance to be the IV.

The rear side marker lights might be the key unless the quarters were replaced with 67 quarters at some time when Heavy had the car.

Last edited by Jeff H; 12-10-2023 at 07:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff H For This Useful Post:
dykstra (12-10-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Jeff, Joe Aligieri shared that he shaved the rear lights when he redid the car. I did not ask him about the marker lights in the fenders but people think he put fiberglass fenders on it.

Carmen had two Camaros and said he had a preferred green scheme, but I didn't have time to nail down more details about the other car, when it was painted, were they similar, and what happened to that car.
Old 12-10-2023, 05:30 PM

Rotonda
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carleen For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (12-10-2023), 69M22Z (12-10-2023), dykstra (12-10-2023), L78_Nova (12-11-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Jeff, Joe Aligieri shared that he shaved the rear lights when he redid the car. I did not ask him about the marker lights in the fenders but people think he put fiberglass fenders on it.
Was he referring to the rear tailpanel lights or rear side marker lights or both?
Old 12-10-2023, 05:44 PM

Heavy
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carleen For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (12-10-2023), dykstra (12-10-2023), L78_Nova (12-11-2023)
Old 12-10-2023, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Jeff he said "took the marker lights off the side of the car, took the side chrome off the car and also the back up lights off the car and also the gas tank filler neck off the car"
Old 12-10-2023, 07:29 PM

Are there any pictures of the green Rotunda car(s) with the side marker lights? If he had 2 similar cars and traded one with Heavy and repainted IV in green and removed the vinyl top, there might be pictures with the marker lights. I still wonder if Rotunda had a 67 body with 68 doors that he was racing and traded that with Heavy hence the white Heavy car having no marker lights. It's still kind of confusing between Rotunda and Heavy but it sounds like Algieri got the IV car and changed the front end and shaved the lights. Definitely and interesting trail to try and follow/verify.
Old 12-10-2023, 08:59 PM

Thanked 4,509 Times in 2,142 Posts

Few pics known w/ Rotonda paint but again, the more posted the better for ID comparisons.
Seems like a lot of great info coming together in this thread, hope it all leads to something new being learned including cars better defined also of course, found or ultimate fates verified.

~ Pete

Attached Images

Last edited by PeteLeathersac; 12-11-2023 at 11:36 PM. Reason: PicFix…
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeteLeathersac For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (12-10-2023), dykstra (12-11-2023), L78_Nova (12-11-2023)