Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2017, 04:29 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts
Default Rally Green Z/28 - Day II

I've been sitting on the fence for the past 6 months but finally decided that a Day II finish is in order while finishing off my 69 Z/28. It's only fitting since the car was in Day II trim from 69-71 before being modified as a full time Super Stocker. The new paint will be left factory original and I am now building a high rpm 302 with a stud girdle, pro stock rods, a healthy (bottom of the page) solid cam, and still waiting fir the new Trick Flow 186 style aluminum heads. I picked up an Edelbrock TM1 Tarantula intake and will top it with a 750 mechanical carb and maybe some vintage valve covers? Still thinking a vintage Accel ignition setup with a Sun SST-90 Tach. Interior will remain stock but doubt I'll be installing the console at this point.

Going to stick with with the T/T wheels for now but will add a full set of Coker Pro Trac's front and rear (215/15 front and 275/60 rear) and maybe some air shocks out back. Planning on re-painting the J-bars yellow and ordered new water slide decals for them yesterday. I'll install a vintage scatter-shield and will mount an M22 box behind the high rpm small block with a performance clutch. The 12 bolt currently has 4:10 gearing but that may be changed up to to 4:88 or 5:13's once I get things rolling along. I don't want to chop the freshly restored floors so I'll likely stick with the factory Hurst shifter and will run vintage gauges under dash.

Holler if you have any cool day II ignition parts or period correct aftermarket valve covers. Looking for some NOS Hurst air shocks as well.

Last edited by NorCam; 09-01-2017 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Title Change
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCam For This Useful Post:
Peter426 (10-20-2017)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry rsz_1img_20171028_094813_1.jpg IMG_6880.JPG IMG_6879.JPG IMG_6878.JPG
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...