Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,874 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default Re: Dedicated Day 2 Thread

Dave was a huge asset and has been sorely missed at least in my opinion. He was a wealth of knowledge and brought a lot to this board. Due to voicing his opinion (good or bad) he posted his last post years ago. Wish people could put things behind them and move on. We have lost too many good people on this site over the years. Come on back Dave!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 12-17-2010, 07:08 PM

I echo those statements on Dave Miller and on the Black Camaro as well. I have bought several things from Dave over the years [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Tommy [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2010, 03:44 PM

Old 12-23-2010, 06:19 AM

Default 6 Barrel Tunnel Ram

Marlin is to blame this purchase. His Tunnel Ram thread had just the right timing for my pop, Plowman to find and win this sweet deal on an early Tunnel Ram wiht 2 Holley 3 barrel carbs!

I'm nt even sure what car will get to run without it's hood, but this will be fun on any of them.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:39 PM

Default Re: 6 Barrel Tunnel Ram

Way Cool [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif[/img] Paul

Dicky [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2010, 04:15 PM

I'm liking it! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint
Old 12-23-2010, 11:20 PM

That's some serious airflow goin' on there with TWO 950 Holley 3-BBL's! I can see where they have been somewhat converted into mechanical secondaries with the infamous screw placed into the Secondary throttle shaft linkage. That particular early-style Tunnel Ram has the reputation being explosion prone due to that MASSIVE plenum chamber. Please don't think I'm knocking it or anything, but you need to be cranking that motor over with the starter before pumping the gas pedal, otherwise that plenum becomes a giant fuel/air chamber and an intake valve hanging open (or even bent from last summer's missed 2-3 shift!) can result in a backfire of EPIC proportions that will be the subject of cruise night small talk for decades to come! By the way, do I spy a Motor Wheel Spyder center cap on the table there?
Old 12-23-2010, 11:38 PM

I think Two 660 center squirters would work on this bad boy.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:52 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Two 660 center squirters would work on this bad boy. </div></div>
Like these???

Old 12-24-2010, 04:32 AM

For pure novelty, I'll probably run the two 950's. I do have a pair of NOS gear drive secondary kits, so I could undo the current mods and go that route, but I may also run vac. secondaries since it will probably run much better on the street. Now I'm writing that as if it is mine when in reality it's my dad's setup. Will he run it on his car and how will it be configured? Who knows. I can say that either of us would love to run around without a hood and having this thing stare back at us.

I run an early MSD 7A and it did a great job dealing with the puddeling of fuel in the intake on street driving. I realize that this is something that will need to be managed. The comment about the intake being prone to some killer backfires...something I didn't think of immediately, but after you mention it- yeah that is something to be mindful of. I do know a guy who had a TR small block that would spin the choke plates over center and get them stuck when it would backfire. This potential liability is just one more reason these old TR just arn't seen often.

The center cap is part of a set I have kicking around. Good eye there Mark catching every detail, even the ones hiding in plain sight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's some serious airflow goin' on there with TWO 950 Holley 3-BBL's! I can see where they have been somewhat converted into mechanical secondaries with the infamous screw placed into the Secondary throttle shaft linkage. That particular early-style Tunnel Ram has the reputation being explosion prone due to that MASSIVE plenum chamber. Please don't think I'm knocking it or anything, but you need to be cranking that motor over with the starter before pumping the gas pedal, otherwise that plenum becomes a giant fuel/air chamber and an intake valve hanging open (or even bent from last summer's missed 2-3 shift!) can result in a backfire of EPIC proportions that will be the subject of cruise night small talk for decades to come! By the way, do I spy a Motor Wheel Spyder center cap on the table there? </div></div>