Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 01-27-2020, 09:45 PM

Default REV-POL ign question

Greetings all,once upon a time I had a complete Mallory REV-POL ign.Now I have just the "STREET-STRIP PERFORMANCE"switch,PN-28700.Anbody remember how this hooks up?Two wires-one RED,Im guessing goes to a SWITCHED fuse box terminal.Second wire goes to?Im guessing the COIL,but which side?When the "STRIP "position is on there is supposed to be EXTRA "HOT SPARK"that is NOT to be used for daily driving or youll burn out the points.Whos the Know-it all about this Switch,Correct wiring for it and any other info you can tell me?Thanks
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-27-2020, 11:41 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Generally, what the Rev/Pol switch does (no expert here) is to by-pass the Mallory resistor to provide a hotter spark (via increased voltage) to the distributor. Directions state that the “strip” mode is only to be used at the drag strip for short periods. I may have some instructions that are more specific.

Old 01-28-2020, 01:37 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

I have a fully restored Rev Pol kit that I had put together but never ended up using. I will end up selling it off one of these days, but I did want to try it out on a day 2 car simply because I think they are really cool. Here are some docs I acquired on the Rev Pol. I think Sam may have sent these pages to me a couple of years ago? Perhaps these will help you out some?

COPO (01-28-2020), R68GTO (01-28-2020), Spooky (01-29-2020), YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (01-28-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 06:01 PM

Default REV-POL questions

Nor-cam,what a AWESOME response.This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.Its unbelievable that so much of these DINOSAUR parts are still hiding somewhere.When I was Young and STUPID I purchased a Custom painted 1967 Camaro that had been raced and went 11:30s with a 302,muncie and 5:13 gears.Being a Total newbie I didn't realize at the time that EVERYTHING on the car was Used up and being un-loaded to avoid a pricey rebuild.I use to drive this car to work every chance I got.What a RIOT with 5:13 gears and a motor that wouldn't stop revving.I never liked the way the plug wires attached to the cap but I cant complain about the non-stop thrill I got every time I took it out.Ive got a Huge amount of old Vintage Hot Rod parts Id like to sell off and get out of the car scene.I need to force myself to get a camera and start selling this stuff.Thanks for the replys.
The Following User Says Thank You to austincraig For This Useful Post:
NorCam (02-01-2020)