Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Misc. Dealers

Old 01-08-2022, 06:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woj View Post
There is nothing left of the Lyle Dealership as it was from back in the day. They had the main dealership on Second street, but also turned an old grocery store into their Sports Department, just down the road. That building is now a concrete parking garage. I’m in regular contact with my COPO’s original owner, and follow on owners who remember the dealership well. I’ve spoken on several occasions to one of the salesmen from back in the day at Lyle. He said they sold many hi perf cars to Vietnam Vets as they returned home with money in the bank. The original salesman who sold my COPO is still around, but I’ve been hesitant to contact him for reasons I can’t say on a public forum. The salesman’s name for my car was on the protectoplate. Other Lyle POPs have also had the salesman’s names just below the address of the buyer. It also had the date of sale next to the salesman’s name. My COPO was sold 5 days after being produced in Baltimore (NCRS and POP data).

Feel free to PM me with your contact info if you’d like more info on Lyle. Most of what I know about the dealership is from locals and my original owner. I’d like to know who sold your car. A friend knows about 4 Lyle salesman from that era.

Phil W.
My LS6 was sold new at Lyle, it is now down here in New Zealand.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to downunder1 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (05-11-2022)