Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-27-2017, 03:29 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I just noticed - is this a canadian car?? noticed the sticker on the inner fender - so would that also give clue that the rear sticker is a canadian thing??

68 COPO Camaro 9737 non-converted YENKO
69 YENKO SC Camaro, Hugger Orange - born with engine!
Old 09-27-2017, 05:15 AM

Eddie I've never seen a rear sticker on a Canadian car.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:50 PM

Hello Bill,

I always enjoy this site because of one main reason, and that is we all seem to look after one another's interests, day in and day out. I am not too sure what happened to my interests.

The 1969 Camaro RS Z/28 you are referring to in your statement is not really summed up accurately. You wrote......"Either there are two different cars pictured or someone replaced the front pipes off the exhaust manifolds. Weird, right? As well, overspray on the underbody not done factory style overspray. A chunk of money for a car, that while very nice isn't done the way you would do it, Ken........Bill S"

The car "in question" was taken to the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in 2013. And there it obtained the Concours Gold Certificate, scoring 989 points, which translate into "the vehicle was found to be between 95 - 100% of its original factory condition". Having said that, if you feel compelled to question the accuracy of this Z/28 and ultimately call out and question the respected and extremely knowledgeable judging team that offers this service at MCACN, feel free to do so.

Paul

Last edited by CamaroNOS; 09-28-2017 at 10:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CamaroNOS For This Useful Post:
PatrickKrook (06-24-2023)
Old 09-27-2017, 11:05 PM

Hello MosportGreen66,

This Z/28 was built with a standard black interior (711) which calls for a standard RS steering wheel, colour coded to the interior with no wood-grain shroud. This Camaro was coded only for the RPO Z22 option (Rally Sport Package), as per the GM of Canada documentation. If the car was to have a wood grain shroud, my build sheet would have either RPO Z23 or RPO Z87 option codes.

Below is the information supplied by the wonderful folks at CRG.

"Standard interior cars received a color matched pebble-grained facing on the shroud while RPO Z23 special interior and RPO Z87 custom interior cars had a wood-grained accent that covered the pebble graining. A center "Bow-Tie" emblem was included with base, COPO, and Z28 models, while an "RS" emblem was installed with cars equipped with the RPO Z22 Rally Sport option. Super Sport models received an "SS" emblem and, as before, the "SS" emblem overrode the "RS" emblem if the car was equipped with both options. Also, like before, if the car was equipped with the combination Z28 and Rally Sport options, the "RS" emblem was utilized."

1969 Z22 Standard Wheel
with "RS" emblem (black)

1969 Z23/Z87
Wood-grained Shroud
with "RS" emblem (green)
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2017, 05:24 AM

That axle tag is pretty interesting. No first gen came with one of those from the factory...
Old 09-28-2017, 07:26 AM

My 2 cents ….. It’s a great car …. Can’t beat Canadian documentation; however it is an original flat hood car …. So in my humble opinion, its very aggressively priced, however I have been known to over pay for cars I want …. And like I said, you can’t beat Canadian documentation ….. Unfortunately, the market is soft on cars that are not the very most desirable and accurate. I hope it sells for its asking, it helps the cars I own and love, but in the end, it’s been for sale for a long time for a reason.

1970 Top Secret Very Special Muscle Car in restoration by MASCAR to be unveiled at MCACN 2020

Old 09-28-2017, 12:07 PM

Thanked 1,760 Times in 742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroNOS View Post
Hello Bill,

I always enjoy this site because of one main reason, and that is we all seem to look after one another's interests, day in and day out. I am not too sure what happened to my interests.

The 1969 Camaro RS Z/28 you are referring to in your statement is not really summed up accurately. You wrote......"Either there are two different cars pictured or someone replaced the front pipes off the exhaust manifolds. Weird, right? As well, overspray on the underbody not done factory style overspray. A chunk of money for a car, that while very nice isn't done the way you would do it, Ken........Bill S"

The car "in question" was taken to the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in 2013. And there it obtained the Concours Gold Certificate, scoring 989 points, which translate into "the vehicle was found to be between 95 - 100% of its original factory condition". Having said that, if you feel compelled to question the accuracy of this Z/28 and ultimately call out and question the respected and extremely knowledgeable judging team that offers this service at MCACN, feel free to do so.

Paul
Paul-

I don't think Bill is questioning the judging of this great car, he was just pointing out something he observed that looked different.

If you look at the two underside chassis pics you can see what Bill is referring to. While the pictures are taken from different viewpoints (front vs, rear) you can see the differences in the bends of the head pipes as the come from the exhaust manifolds and bend towards the driveshaft. In one photo they appear to be more of a right angle while the other is more of a gentle angle. Not trying to take anything away from a great car.

First pic - right angle, Second pic from opposite direction shows more gentle angle. Maybe pictures playing tricks but I agree with Bill, they definitely look different to me. Beautiful car I would love to have in my garage, good luck with the sale.
Attached Images

Dykstra Motorsports
The Following User Says Thank You to RPOLS3 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (09-28-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 12:44 PM

So wasn't the bright pedal trim part of Z23?
Old 09-28-2017, 01:53 PM

I think you would be hard pressed to find another 69 Z thats Canadian documented, original body panel, very nice original interior, RS, original spoilers, great colors, restored to this quality for this price. It had to start off as a pretty nice Z so the car before the resto would have been 60k
69 L78 Nova
69 L34 Nova
67 SS Chevelle
73 Trans Am

Last edited by ssl78; 09-28-2017 at 02:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ssl78 For This Useful Post:
PatrickKrook (06-24-2023)