Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 06-07-2018, 01:26 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,487 Times in 609 Posts
Default People Trailering Their Own Cars

I have spoke with a couple members that have brought their own vehicles to the show and I am looking for incite on the process. I am thinking I can park the truck and trailer at the Double Tree parking structure and unload then drive the car over to the show. Unless there is bad weather or it will take several hours before I make it into the building. My thinking is to save from having to maneuver the truck and trailer inside the convention center. Thoughts?

EDIT:

Thread title should be Trailering not Trailing. Damn "smart" phones..

Last edited by cook_dw; 06-07-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Double Tree Parking 1.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-07-2018, 03:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Getting in and out of the building is fairly easy with your truck and trailer on move in day. You have a scheduled move in time and the process moves fairly smoothly. Leaving is a different story because everybody wants to leave at same time. I recommend you have a friend wait on a side street outside of the building with your truck and trailer and drive your car out of the building and load outside.
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelhop For This Useful Post:
cook_dw (06-11-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Banned

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:45 PM

Thanked 3,930 Times in 948 Posts

Assuming you are asking about MCACN?

No trailers into the Double Tree parking structure. The Crown Plaza next door has an open lot that works but they hassle you about trailers Friday night through Sunday. Trailer parking across the freeway works fine.

I've waited as long as 4 hours to move in, but the process seems to be better the last couple years, in '16 I drove right in, '17 about an hour. I can't speak for Friday move-in though. Maneuvering in the building is no big deal.

After awards on Sunday, enjoy dinner with friends. Roll the trailer in later (after 8).
The Following User Says Thank You to 67since67 For This Useful Post:
cook_dw (06-11-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Banned

I actually called and talked to double tree which is where I’m staying and they said they have oversized parking and enclosed wasn’t a problem. So idk. Guess I’ll see when I get there. Thanks guys! Should be fun. Look forward to meeting some folks from the forum.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:21 PM

Thanked 1,694 Times in 728 Posts

There is a dedicated outdoor trailer lot just for the show not far from the convention center to park your rig over the weekend. I believe it has security as well, Bob Ashton can confirm.

I agree with the others about getting out on Sunday. In 2015 when we had the blizzard on Saturday I ended up borrowing a friend's trailer to bring home Dad's 62 since he drove it there on Thursday in the dry weather. Rather than wait and load up inside I was able to park my rig and wait in the office building parking lot just north of the Embassy Suites (as where several others) so that when the show cars came out of the building on the north side Dad drove about 500 feet and put it right in the trailer, tied it down, and were on our way in short order.

Dykstra Motorsports
The Following User Says Thank You to RPOLS3 For This Useful Post:
cook_dw (06-11-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 03:55 AM

Thanked 3,930 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook_dw View Post
I actually called and talked to double tree which is where I’m staying and they said they have oversized parking and enclosed wasn’t a problem.
Hmmm, Maybe I've missed something, but I've never seen a trailer in there and looks like very tight quarters.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Banned

Honestly I have no idea. I did a search and did the street view on Google and saw these signs so I called and they transferred me to their transportation person. He said they share the parking structure with the convention center and they have U-hauls, box trucks etc in there all the time. He said a car trailer was no problem..

Ill more than likely be a sheep and just follow the group once I get there. I certainly don't need the headache of getting the truck and trailer in a sticky situation..
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPOLS3 View Post
There is a dedicated outdoor trailer lot just for the show not far from the convention center to park your rig over the weekend. I believe it has security as well, Bob Ashton can confirm.

I agree with the others about getting out on Sunday. In 2015 when we had the blizzard on Saturday I ended up borrowing a friend's trailer to bring home Dad's 62 since he drove it there on Thursday in the dry weather. Rather than wait and load up inside I was able to park my rig and wait in the office building parking lot just north of the Embassy Suites (as where several others) so that when the show cars came out of the building on the north side Dad drove about 500 feet and put it right in the trailer, tied it down, and were on our way in short order.

Thanks Jake. This like others I have talked with have said the same which is more than likely what I will end up doing.

Thanks everyone!

Im all set. Got my registration in, hotel booked now just waiting on November.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:56 PM

The marshalling yard is your best bet for truck/trailer parking over the weekend. It's free and there are shuttles running constantly between there and the Convention center.
As said before, if the weather is good on Sunday your quickest and less troublesome exit strategy is 'driving out'. There are a number of areas to stage your trailer within a block or two from the Convention center.
You'll have plenty of time over the weekend to chat with some of the 'MCACN Veterans' and develop your plan.
You're gonna LOVE the MCACN experience.
cook_dw (06-11-2018)